1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Clearview Windshield

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by 08XModel, Dec 20, 2008.

1. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

Been a while since I posted.

I am thinking of buying a Clearview shield in the spring when riding starts. I want to know how High Impact Acrylic compares to Lexan shields. I have heard that acrylic will break or shatter if hit with debris. Any insight would be appreciated.

Kevin
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I have a memphes shade acrelic (sp) & it's held up real good in all kinds of weather hd debris fly into it & still no problum , also have aHD shield made from the other stuff & it's all skined up not broken so I'll say both are good to go :D
  3. Pancho

Pancho New Member

Windshield

Hi, I have always used Harley windshields,never had a problem>>>>>>>>>>>>:cool:
  4. Spock

Spock New Member

Clearview Shield

I put a Clearview Shield on my 07 Road Glide and like it because it deflects the wind over my head so I don't get the buffeting I did with the factory shield.
    Acrylic will break if stressed enough and polycarbonate (Lexan) bends without breaking.

I had a truck left turn in front of me in January of 08 and the acrylic broke into pieces. I put another one back on though for the comfort factor.

I have a friend that got caught in the middle of a bad situation back in the 90s and the factory HD windshield stopped 9MM bullets but a 45 caliber went through it. Lexan is tough but the shape of the Clearview Shield is why I like them. Acrylic can be buffed out better than polycarbonate if you get scratches.

I wish Clearview Shield made them from polycarbonate because of it's toughness but I still use them.