1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Cobra FI2000 O2 Settings

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Kettwo, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Kettwo

Kettwo Member

I have installed a Cobra tuner in my 09 Deluxe. I put it in after my Accel self tuner went south. Also have S&S slip on tapers with a K&N filter. The one that lets you keep the stock cover after installing their backing plate. The bike runs smoother and with more power as promised. But I have lost about 7 miles per gallon. Has anyone out there had the same results. If so how did you tweak the factory settings for better milage. Stock settings are 3.5 G, 2.5 Y, 4 R. The manual suggests leaving the G as it comes. But this is the cruise setting. So is it best to start there. :confused:
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Don't know about the cobra set up , But to loose that much in MPG sounds like the twist the wrest has gone astray or to many rabbit starts & hitting it through the gears to hard ( but fun at the same time)
  3. Kettwo

Kettwo Member

Thanks for the reply Cowboy. I considered the fun factor being the problem. So I did a 60 mile easy run to do a test. Thats where I got the 38 mpg number.
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

38 is not a bad number.......if you were getting 45 before, you may have been on the lean side.........which is not good......