1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Cobra Fi2000r

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by 08XModel, Mar 22, 2009.

1. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

Hey all:

I just ordered a Cobra Fi2000r O2 fuel injection adjuster. The bike just runs to hot with new mufflers. I would've liked to get the Terry Components but the price is to high. I will update as I get the Cobra installed and dialed in. Hope it works well. Have a good weekend.

Ride On.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Yea, most of us here don't know much.....Ride On :rolleyes:
  3. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

In reply. The tips I got were from one person that hadn't used the product. Todd knew what he was talking about. Don't mean to offend anyone. Most of the advice I get here is excellent and really helps in my decisions.

Kevin
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i really dont know much about them........waiting for your test results......because i dont know much about efi, my 06 runs a carb.
  5. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

While I can't comment on the Cobra I can tell you there have been plenty of negative reports about the Terry Components product, so you are probably on the right track by not choosing that one. Let us know how the Cobra works for you as I'm sure there are others wanting solutions for their injected bikes.
  6. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

Finally Done:

I installed the Fi2000R fuel adjuster today. What a pain in the ass. This is the first wiring that I've done on a harley. I didn't get to ride it since it looks like rain. All parts fit well but don't know about longevity of connectors and wiring. Probably should've gone with a computer tuner. It took two hours to install. I will update when I get it dialed in.

Kevin
  7. chucktx

thanks for the update. did you use the dielectric grease on the connectors to keep it water tight?????
  8. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

I didn't put any grease on connections. I noticed the factory connectors didn't have any grease on them. It isn't to hard to pop connectors apart and grease them. I did notice at idle if I twisted the throttle the engine speed took and few seconds to fall down to idle. I'm all paranoid now until I can ride and hoping that it will work ok.

Kevin
  9. chucktx

i dont know why the factory doesnt protect their connectors....a major problem when washing the bike is its electrical system. the best way to protect is with the grease, then heatshrink........have fun and let us know!!!!!
  10. duke76

duke76 New Member

I agree, it was a pain in the ass when I installed mine too, I took the front bolts out of the tank and lifted it up and that helped quite a bit but still a tight spot to get to, you will like it, it definetly made an improvement on my bike, Todd
  11. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

duke is this deal along the same lines as a pC 111 , where you can adjust / fine tune , or more along the lines as the thunder max where you set it once & just go about you busness?
  12. duke76

duke76 New Member

It is basically a little waterproof circuit board with 3 potentiometers on it for adjusting low range(green led)midrange(yellow led)high(red led) kinda like a carb jetwhere you can adjust low range with a idle jet an needle jet for mid range and main jet for high range, That is the best way i can explain it hope it makes sense, if you want better fuel mileage you turn down the low speed pot, if you want more top end you give it more fuel on the high potentiomete like increasing the main jet size, I basically only adjusted the low speed green one on mine and it came with a sheet to tell you where to set the pots for whay mods you had done to the bike and they were very close to where they needed to be. Todd
  13. chucktx

it sounds the same as a "crane 4"........
  14. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

Todd:

On my 08 there is a plastic wire tray that runs under the tank. Did you separate the wire tray and run the wires to the injectors that way? I ran up the right side frame under tank and then dropped down where the factory injector wires drop down. I figured that if I had to remove the cobra that it would be easier this way.

Kevin
  15. cowboy

thank's duke , 08x if after a little while you decide to keep it eather run the wires through the rubber tube or wrap it in some of the same stuff or it could/will rub the wires raw & then you will have big trouble
  16. duke76

duke76 New Member

No, I just ran them directly to the injectors, I didnt put them in any plastic wire tray, I didnt have any issues as long as they are rubbing on anything you should be alright
  17. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

Went out for my first run today with the cobra tuner. I also installed a stage one air filter assembly today. Everything seems to be working fine. I had good power and full throttle seems to work fine. I went on the TFI website and read about how they adjust the low speed pot. They said on a warm motor run revs around 2000 and adjust low speed pot until the motor smooths out. I don't see why this won't work with the cobra. Also will remove tank and install harness into plastic wire try. I will update on any more adjustments.

Ride on
  18. chucktx

thanks!!!!!!
  19. cowboy

sound's like your happy with it , I have a TFI just setting here ,I need to find out what model it fits
  20. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

The cobra is installed just need to adjust the cruise fuel setting. Still haven't got the FI wires into the tray. Somehow in my project the Engine Idle Temp Management System got turned on. I thought that the cobra was causing excessive vibration and higher idle. I didn't know that the bike came with eitms. Shut it off and bike idles where it should and smooth. Around 1000 rpm.