1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Cobra Tuner

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by 08XModel, Aug 23, 2008.

1. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

Thinking of putting on a Cobra Fi2000 injector controller. Has anyone installed them? Will this void my warranty? They are supposed to cool down the running temp and get better fuel mileage. Any info would help.

Kevin
  2. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

sounds like a watered down version of the already provened fuel management systems already on the market. doesn't sound like you can adjust it. i believe thier comprarsion of the pc111 is flawed if not down right untrue. doesn't take 3-4 hours to install a PC. and whats so bad about having custom maps? i haven't myself heard anything about this system. they don't seem to offer much info about it. the info seems superficial at best. what about tech support. then their claim about lowering engine temp by as much as 100 degrees:eek: not sure how that would affect certain sensors. as far as warr. goes i would contact a couple of stealerships about that and get there advice. hope this helps. sorry i sound so negitive about it:devil:
  3. duke76

duke76 New Member

I had one before I switched to true duals, then I installed a Thundermax, the cobra worked great no decel pops and ran cooler, very easy to install, for a stage one I would highly reccomend it but if you plan on doing more such as big bore kit and cams and headwork I would use something else so you can adjust timing if need be. My fuel mileage with the cobra on a 2005 road king was usually always between 40-42. Todd