1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Colorado-bound

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by Hot01, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

OK, this isn't a :chopper: trip, but I have a third interview for a job in Colorado on the 5th. :D

Yes! I'll be able to go back and ride all those awesome places without having to take three weeks off of work.:cool:
  2. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

I was hoping you weren't talking about taking the bike there. Talk about prolonging your recovery.....:D

Good luck!
  3. SK

SK New Member

Cool (literally in the Winter time)! Where in Colorado? East slope or west? Over the last 10 years, I've ridden almost every biway through the Colorado Rockies..it never gets tiresome.
  4. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Keystone/Vail. It's already snowing there now, but the summers will be great.
  5. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Colorado is gorgeous... The riding season is kinda short, but the beauty of Colorado is worth it, kinda... That's where I started climbing, when I first got into it... Also had my first street bike while living there... You'll love it there. Best of luck on the interview...:)
  6. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Good luck out there, Abby! I ride through Vail (I-70) when I visit my bud in south east CO - maybe you'll set up there and I can change my oil at your place next time.:cheers:
  7. Tiny86

Tiny86 New Member

Cool, I guess you'll be one of those HOT snow Bunny's that everyone talks about:p :D
  8. bdfin

bdfin New Member

Just left Co. a year and a half ago after being there 20 years. Actually the climate is alot dryer than most people think. Usually 250 plus sunny days a year. Just watch out for the sand they use on the roads. Even after spring has hit there can be alot on the edges of the roads and the edges of corners.
    Good Luck with the interview....
  9. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Thanks. We have sand and salt in New Hampshire. We have to wait for a few good rains before we can ride in the springtime, and if it snows again and they put salt down, we have to wait again.

I probably won't bring the bike out at first. I'm going to leave it at the ex's house (in that garage with the fire truck and the tractor and all the other crap that guys keep in their garages ;) ) and come back and ride it out in the spring.
  10. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Good luck with the interview Abby, sounds great. Been all over the western part of the country, I've never been to Colorado but have always wanted to ride there. You have already rode some of the roads out west but if you move there your going to really enjoy it.

BTW-Garages are also great places for another toy, motorcycles. :D
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  11. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Abby good luck on the interview You can do it & they you can ride all those good roads up there :cool: :D
  12. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

a big ol' TEXAS good luck to ya abby!!!!! we be pullin for ya!!:) :D
  13. SK

SK New Member

The Keystone/Vail area is close to where I'm thinking of relocating..which is Glenwood Springs. Vail is a decent central location to all-points in the Colorado Rockies. Good luck!

There's an awesome new CostCo in Gypsum (not far from Vail) that has things most CostCo's don't have (must be because there's lots of money in the area). Their liquor store has 3 times the selection of any CostCo I've ever seen.
  14. Slimjim

Slimjim Active Member

Good luck, Abby. I don't think they would interview you three times if you didn't have a great shot at it. I'm betting on you. Colorado would be a great place to live. I've hunted there a couple times and it is a beautiful state. The riding will be great also. Some areas have a lot of liberals, however. I'd stay away from them if posible. :D
  15. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I love Colorado! There is a group of guys I met on my trip that I'm having lunch with tomorrow. They all ride different kinds of bikes and go out every year for a guys ride (meaning without the wives) for a week or so. That's when I met them.

Slimjim, I'll try my best. I live and work in a very liberal place right now and while I might have been able to see something good in it at some point, I can't take it anymore. There is an issue that I tend to go left on, but second amendment trumps all. I won't give up my guns. I also pulled myself up from a really bad place without help and have the student loans I'll be paying off forever to prove it - but I did it on my own. Everyone has the ability to do it if they have a mind to. Why should we pay? Oh man, it seems like every thread lately turns into a liberal-bashing thread, doesn't it? Must be the approaching elections. :)
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  16. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Well Abby, I sure hope you get the job sounds like you deserve it. I can relate somewhat to pulling ones self out of a hole. Took me several years to dig myself out but it was well worth it. As for the second amendment He&l no never surrender your guns. Hope it all works out for you, keep us informed.

The weather here has been really nice the last week so I got out on the Springer all day Friday, Love that bike. However I've got to get a set of decent sounding pipes for it.
  17. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I was going to keep my bike in NH until the spring, but I stopped by the dealership in Loveland (Thunder Mountain - they build some awesome customs too) and they are having a really good deal on installing a 95" kit. It's basically free labor. Plus they are offering 20% off parts AND labor for whatever else, so they could do the cams at that time as well. With all that, they'd store it until I can get it up to the mountains and will have hopefully found a place where I can keep it. I'll feel better having it with me.
  18. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Abby , from what you wrote I'am assuming you got the job , saying you looked into A 95in being put on your bike in Colo :cool:
  19. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

me thinks your correct cowboy!!! at least i hope so!!!
  20. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

:gah: The interview went well, but no offer. I spoke with three people and I suppose they all wanted to compare notes afterward. I can't imagine I won't get the job. I'm a little worried about affording a move out, but I'm going to try and get them to pay for it since the salary isn't negotiable. I saw an apartment like the one I'd get and it was fine. Not real fancy, but plenty of space and affordable. I'm stressing about the cost of the move, but I can't see putting the brakes on the whole thing for that.

It would be so cool to be out there and be able to ride all over the place without needing three weeks off of work. It was so beautiful too. Once again, I did not want to come back east. :(