1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Colorado Riding

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Red Rider, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I've got to be in Eastern Colorado on the 30th of July. Which means I'm riding. Got about a ten day window - -5/+5 - that is all wanderin' time right now. Anyone want to link up from CO or any border state then, we'll see if it can happen. Break out the Jameson's and I may tell ya stuff ya might be amazed at..............

:cheers:
  2. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

3. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Red Rider, I live in Colorado Springs and no plans at the moment to be out of town that weekend. What part of eastern Colorado ya talking about?
  4. Red Rider

Going to Eads. Probably taking US 50 out from NV all the way to Pueblo on the outbound leg. I expect to be visiting a shipmate on the 30th & 31st. Then I meander back to NV by some serious moseying (CO to NV via KS/NE//IL/WI/MN/SD/MT/ID?) or other (CO to NV via NM/AZ/UT)....or something like that.
  5. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

ok, that's not to far out there, it'll be hot though, let me know which way you decide to go and I'd be glad to ride a aways and meet up with ya.
    from here I'd take hy 94 east to kit carson and turn right.
    or someplace on hwy 96 east of pueblo, many of those small towns are drying up.

PM me and I give ya my cell phone, I work on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays,
  6. Red Rider

I could easily make the run up towards Colorado Springs. Maybe coffee/breakfast or early lunch on Saturday, since I need to be in Eads by 3PM. Or something Friday evening, as I expect to stop in Pueblo that night, and moteling it as I have to be rested for Saturday.
  7. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

If you decide to head WI way let us know. Have a great ride.
  8. Red Rider

It is likely. Would go to Racine first, approaching from IL, but expect to swing through Madison on my way back west.
  9. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

A week too early for me. I plan to leave on Friday August 5, go straight up the 15 to Glacier National Park. I've never been there, they tell me it's nice. Then curl back around and hit Sturgis for a couple o dayz and then head back to SoCal.

I don't want to talk about it too much for I jinks myself like I did last year and that's as detailed a plan as I want.
  10. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

If you go to Eads via hwy 96 it's a couple of hour ride, a little longer going on hwy 50.
    To keep you rested I could meet you in Pueblo or you can come to Colorado Springs, I often go to Pueblo on Saturday mornings. Whatever is easier for you I just need to know so I can schedlue. I look foward to meeting you.
  11. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

You going to pass through Newark? :roflmao:
  12. Red Rider

HarleysLR - We'll swap contact info as the time draws closer, but it does seem likely that this will be an easy meet. I'd planned on going into Eads via 96, but nothing is or needs to be locked up yet. Is there a good place to meet on 25 between the two cities?

Fatboy128 - I've ridden through New Jersey, and been to Newark, some years before. I think I've crossed that off my "to do" list, forever. I don't mean to offend - and know that many folks think I live in a wasteland, myself - but I abso-friggin'-lutely hate the East Coast. I'd rather vultures ate my kidneys out while tied down alive to an ant mound than be back in that wall-less prison of anger and despair that is east of the Appalachians.:angry:

Oh, did I not mention my ex-wife is from New Jersey?:roflmao:

:cheers:
  13. JohnnyBiker

Hey Red, if you make it to MN, give me a holler. Wou;ld love to hook up to do some riding. :cool:
  14. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

:roflmao: I hate Nu Joysee myself! Just kiddin. One of deese days I'll be out of Long Island myself and out in the Wild West wid my kids. :cool:
  15. JohnnyBiker

Fuurgattaboutit!!! :roflmao:
  16. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Straight up the 15..yikes:eek: Glacier is nice. i'm guessing you're going to go over Logan's Pass, the going to the sun road. It's been a while since I've been over it. west to east you've got the drop off to your right and the mountain on your left..I think it's a nicer ride that way. You can get to Sturgis by taking the 2 east from east Glacier to Harlem /Fort Belknap take the 66 to 191 down Grass Range where you pick up 87 to Roundup. from there you can take 12 east to Forsyth and then to Miles city and down 59 to Broadus then 212 to Belle Fourche..or you can take 89 from St Mary's and take it to Great Falls and down thru White Sulphur Springs and pick up the 12 there or down to the I 90..lots of choices
  17. JohnnyBiker

My head hurts now!!!:banghead:
  18. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

uh uh...pull the map out ..figure out which road you like and put your bike tires on it..it doesn't get any better.
  19. JohnnyBiker

I know, but you were pretty exacting there. Take this road to this road to that road. ETC... :wtf::gah::roflmao: I like this better, "Go Forward" :D
  20. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

JB, that's because he knows those roads like the back of his hand.