1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Confidence

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by fiddyfofoad, Jun 15, 2008.

1. fiddyfofoad

fiddyfofoad New Member

I have none, when it comes to my bike getting me home. Three out of the last five times I've taken it out, I've had a problem. I've gone from thinking it was electrical to fuel, to electrical and back to fuel. The last time I took it out, I was so stunned that it was happening again. I just barely was able to get it home. I think I fixed the problem, but psycologically, I'm afraid to take it out. Two of the last five times I didn't have a problem and I was starting to get confidence back, then the third time, my confidence was pulverized. I
    almost forget what it was like to have an enjoyable ride, without having those thoughts in the back of your head. I built this bike 29 years ago and it's been relatively trouble free up until last year. It's amazing how fast confidence can be destroyed. Joe
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

joe yes it is hard to loose it but stop & think you said you built it 29 yrs ago , just maybe time to redo it again , how long does it just set up & do nothing ? doing nothing just invites the little demens that just love to mess thing's up so we look like this:banghead: while they just laugh
    Dave
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

im with cowboy on this...........i have a 65 pan that i have owned for about 26 years. about every 5 years i would completely go through it, and did regular maintiance daily/weekly..................:)
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Buddy has a 98 RK like that, nomatter what we fixed that sumbyeetch would find another problem.

It's got a 50 mile limit on it for him, over that and it's sure to need a trailer LOL

I think we have most of it fixed sans a few drips of oil.

Take your time and go though everything 29 years is a long time on a bike.
  5. fiddyfofoad

fiddyfofoad New Member

Well I finally took it out on Sunday. Rode it around town for about 20 mins then took it on the highway to the next town and came back without a problem. Maybe 3 or 4 more times and I'll be confident saying that the problem is solved. Thanks, Joe
  6. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

I have a buddy here at work that just traded in his 86 Sporty & got an 03 anniversary edition all chromed out & cool lookin....had 1000 miles on it....original plugs, probably the original gas....He's had trouble with the idle...sitting really doesnt help...My dyna was the same way...It was 9 years old when I bought it with 3000 miles. Yours is 29....you got this much out of it...Im sure you can get a little more....