1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Cooling Vests

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by mmiller0424, May 28, 2008.

1. mmiller0424

mmiller0424 New Member

Does anyone know anything about the cooling vests? You are supposed to soak them in water then wear them under a light jacket or shirt to keep you cool when riding. Supposed to work for several hours. I went on a 700 mile run the other weekend and we got stuck in some traffic in New Braunfels. Man was it flippin hot. Fresh blacktop, stop and go traffic for an hour. We had to stop and eat so I could cool off. I thought I was a gonner you know>>LOOLOLOL

After that I just soaked my shirt down when at a fuel or water stop. It worked ok, but I got a horrible sunburn..lol That really sucks. I wont hear the end of that one from the old lady for a long time to come. Of course, it didnt help that she was on the back when I left the road in a curve in Kerrville due to sightseeing. I just cant win!!!!

I look forward to lots more riding this summer. My wife is even looking at getting her a sporty or dyna. I just to want to fry in the Texas heat on long rides. Around town is one thing, longer runs is another.

Any clue???????????????
    :devil:
  2. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

DON'T KNOW, BUT I KNOW THAT TX HEAT OH TO WELL:roflmao: AROUND THESE PARTS YOU MIGHT GET ONLY A FEW GOOD MONTHS OF NOT WEARING A JACKET TO KEEP WARM:roflmao: