1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Corbin Seat Story

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Red Rider, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I didn't want to hijack the thread in another section, but I saw a discussion in "Hot new information about the store" about Corbin and Mustang seats that I think is worth commenting on. Skip to the last paragraph for the "Tech Talk" part!:)

I road to Hollister a few years back to see about getting a Corbin seat, and checked their shop out while trying hard to get a salesperson to talk to me. When I finally got a guy's attention, it turned out that he wasn't the one to talk to about seats. I had other things to do (like ride instead of waste another 30 minutes waiting), so I left with no hard feelings. Went back again a few weeks later, and same freakin' story - so I left again and went to Hollisters' H-D dealer (which was newly opened at that time). But I still didn't find a new seat for my Road King. So being a patient numbskull, about a month later I rode back to Corbin and waited for over an hour to talk with one of their seat guys.

Now ya'll know their seats aren't cheap, and their ads then made it sound like they'd actually pretend to give a **** that it fit ya. Nope - the seat guy comes out, I start to explain what I have and want from my seat, he tells me that he won't be able to help me at that time (so why did he bother coming out?) and then he left. :eek:

So I got a Mustang seat with the backrest and couldn't be happier. Yeah, they seem hard if ya grope 'em with your hands compared to stock, but the fit is great. The biggest thing, though, is my cornering control feels more positive than with the stock seat. I do like the lower seat height, too.

Just thought I'd share.:cool:
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Yeah well are you telling it all did you take a bath before you went in and have your rolex and guccci riding boots and pants on LOL :D :D

Corbins Customer service has always lacked, I love the seats, have them on every HD I've owned.

The store in Orlando was good but they've pretty much reduced it's staff, I mean you really only do a lot in Daytona twice a year (but it's alot!!!)
  3. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Yep, took a bath and had a clean face. Was an officer & gentleman back then; was in uniform the first time, with shiny oak leafs, pretty ribbons & all. So I should have looked like a mark, or at least somebody who could pay for what was for sale.

Now that I'm a long-haired, fuzzy faced scruffy lookin' guy I don't know if I'd get better service or worse. But I don't need it, either, 'cuz I love my Mustang seat - fits fine. I was a mustang officer, so maybe that helps, too.