1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Cowboy was gonna put cams in

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Aug 5, 2010.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Cowboy was talkin about 6 months ago about gonna put some cams in his bike if I remember right. Had to go to the HD dealer and git some other parts but couldn't git time.

Now I hear the bike has been dropped off at Chucktx garage and Chucktx is going to put the cams in and put a Power Commander of some kind on it too.
    Are you sure you can handle this kind of power. :roflmao:
    What kind of air kit do you have on the bike by the way Redneck Cowboy?

What's up with this Cowboy, care to step up on the plate and let us in on this. :D
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

stepping up , I spend a lot of my time on the phone to My mother ,(she'll be 89 in three weeks) dad has been so bad health wise That hospis (sp) comes in ever other day to check on him & help Mom out , this is along with three of my slblings helping her as well , then last sunday I got a call from my younger sister , saying that one of my favorite Aunts & Mom's only sister went into a coma she just turned 90 ,I was going to go to Alb NM to help with my Dad & let mom go to Cal to see her sister, Then Tue morning My special need son had a seizure & busted his mouth on the bed rail , steel Hospial styel & sent the two lower front teeth down his throat, so off the his special dentist to make sure that they did'nt just brake off at gum level & he also split the chin area about 2in wide , so more Doc' bill's , On top of my dential bills from last month ,Then My grandson who I have raised senice he was 15 mos old , need a Phiacal for football & they found a heart murmur , got the all clear today so he can play ball , This is about my every day life here & I would'nt trade it stuff like this go'es on almost every day for me , But I did get all the parts but forgot to leave two little parts with chuck , so US mail here they come :eek::cool:
  3. cardboard

Redneck Chuck has told me about yer day to day chores.
    I was wanting to pick on you.

Just remember talkin about the cams many months ago.
    Know you will be glad to git them in.
    It should perk yer bike up.
    You never said which Power Commander you left and which air kit you have on yer bike.:gah:
  4. cowboy

LMAO , I was just stepping -up she has the PC3 & SE air cleaner set up with the EVO cover & V&H true duals & now the HD hyd cam chain set up & andrews 26 cams :D & yes I think they will wake her up a bit :D
  5. cardboard

Are you sure you shoudn't have somebody to test ride this bike for you.

Ever rode a bike with this much POWER.

Are you sure you can handle it Cowboy.
    We don't want you to hurt yerself with this much extra torque.
  6. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Glad you are joining the power group,
    problem is it's like crack - once you get some
    you can't stop...
  7. cowboy

HRk i knew a gal like that in high school no wate wrong type crack :eek:
    cardboard not to worry the ole shovel was full of power about 100 in worth , had special build wheels in side the cases & one hell of a top end A fellow named cadalic bob in pasadena built the wheels & the very old compation cycles owners did the top end work , But she was hell on transmissions or at least the second gear fork :eek:
  8. cardboard

If Redneck Chucktx could only figure out which download to use with PCIII and the new Andrews cams that you have !:D

Chucktx is Old School.....;)

And which buttons to push to make it do what at which rpm.:roflmao:

But I have to admit he's coming around.........:rolleyes:
  9. cowboy

LMAO , I have faith in him ,I think I wroth the map # down & it's in the box for the PC3 & PC has a lot of map's to choise from:cool:
  10. cardboard

The Only Map Chucktx knows is on the back of his eyelids.........:rant:
  11. cowboy

:eek: :roflmao:
  12. cardboard

And when you git a map it still has Buttons to push...............:banghead:

And more than one.
    And a lot of paper work to read.

Know there was a reason I got a auto tune PCV