1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

crank case fume filter info

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by voodoo1, Feb 13, 2005.

1. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

Ok, instead of running the screaming eagle air cleaner kit rubber tubes back into to back plate and re-suck them into the carb I thought about hooking them together with a filter. I know this will help a "little" bit in hp but mainly after the the best air/burn possible.(a little here and a little there). Anyone doing this? Is there a fliter out there for it..if not just gonna get one from the parts store and hide it behind the air cleaner back plate or route it to some where else with longer rubber hoses.
  2. bxbutch

bxbutch New Member

i ran my 95 in road king for 64000 mi with a hose running down behind eng. & between trans. & primary with no fillter with no problems
  3. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

Tree-hugger

Better watch out fot the EPA-police :p . Running the tube down that way sounds alright, but with 64K :) , I would bet you have a nice little oil patch where-ever you park at night.
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Simple and easy to do, several kits for different applications out there,

I got the charcoal canister EPA tube for a CA bike (about $10) it form fits to the frame, from behind the carb to the area behind the trans so you don't have to run rubber hose and zip tie everywhere. (Plus the tube is hidden)

put a CCI filter on the end to keep the oil mist off the rear of the bike so you dont have to clean it off and no drips.
  5. bxbutch

bxbutch New Member

i thought i would have oil dripping from tube but i didnt & i was running wiseco forged pistons
  6. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

thank ya

as always appreciate the info.
  7. maxpower_hd

maxpower_hd Active Member

Filter

I did the very same thing on a Sportster 1200. I used SS braided hose from the local spped shop with chrome clamps and a CCI chrome filter. I think the total cost was about $40.00, mostly because of the clamps. I don't know about any HP gain but it cleaned up the look, especially after a carb and air cleaner upgrade. That was about four years and three owners ago and it's still on there working fine and looking good.