1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Crawfish

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Mar 22, 2008.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i have been craving crawfish for a week or so.....today was the day to get a fix!!!!!!! cardboard myself, wives and a few friends went in search of some....found them at a gas station in jasper. after that we went over to lake livingston for a beer then back to the house. started out at 10am in leathers, ended up back at the house about 6pm in tshirts. dont know the miles, but filled up twice............what a great day it was!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

did you have enough?? Looks like you were a little low on supply! :roflmao: :roflmao: Looks like a great day was had as well! I'm jealous......but not for long, the weathers gettin nicer.:D
  3. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

Must Be Nice! Got A Inch Of Snow Yesterday, Gone And Up To 48 Today,still Have Snow On The Back Deck, Sure Miss Tx Some Times.
  4. bikerputz

bikerputz New Member

Can't say I'd like crawfish but I sure do like the riding your doing!!! ;) What I called crawfish here in the NE were tiny little thing.

We are getting close enough to riding weather to light a fire under my ass to get a new front tire. Another sign that riding weather is coming is that we are starting to plan a 1500+ mile run down south towards Virginia in May.:cool:

Can't wait!!
  5. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Mudbugs was nice, a little corn and taters to go with the Mudbugs, they had BBQ's there, Breakfast Taco's . So you didn't have to eat mudbugs if you didn't like em. Chuck was even saying the Mudbugs are early in the season right now so their a little small, but they will git bigger later on. I bet this ain't gonna be the only time to eat mudbugs this year. Everything is just starting to take off good on the riding season.
    The dude "Jeryl" leading us around on the country roads is a logger, so we traveled some nice roads in the country. We made plenty of pit stops. We rode over 200 miles. The whole day was a blast. Cool in the mornin and riding in a shirt by dinner. Couldn't of asked for a nicer day.
    Chucktx and his wife are great folks to hang with along with jeryl and his wife.. I like riding with good friends anytime.
  6. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I'm SO jealous!
  7. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

we got

"Crawdads" in the creek down below the house. Never ate them though.
    Look like miny lobsters. We used to see them all the time while we were growing up. Crawfish about the same only bigger?:D :cool:
  8. chucktx

they actually raise them here. the farmers raise crawfish in flooded ponds....100's of acres big. when the season is over they then drain the fields, plant rice, then reflood and harvest the rice....then it all starts over next season......and crawfish are small shellfish that resemble lobsters. they are boiled in a seasoned water....they may be mild to wild.....i like middle of the road............gonna do it again in a couple of weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
  9. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

sounds like fun, pics are great, who is who? I rode down the road and back yesterday it was about 20 deg, but it teased the itch got any pics of the ride
  10. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

I ain't real sure about eatin them little crawly suckers, but the time looked to be awesome for everyone there. A few more test runs (what's going to fall off next runs really) and with any luck I will be getting in some of that ride time too.
  11. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I can't remember, how far is it from Colorado to Texas? That looks good.
  12. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

I talk with people that claim Denver to San Antonio is about 14 hours or so...... do a map quest.....type in a zip code of 78251 for San Antonio (it is one of them anyway!! now for Chuck, add about 3-5 hours depending on traffic...... :gah: :roflmao:
  13. chucktx

im the one in with the beard and sunglasses on my head, cardboard is in the first pic with his back to the camera. the women were just hangin around cause they like us!!!!!!!!!!:roflmao:
  14. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Are you saying that Chuck is slow? :eek:
  15. chucktx

:roflmao: :roflmao: slow, maybe.....steady, always!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D