1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Crimson Trace

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Feb 3, 2013.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I did some internet surfing looking mainly at gun prices of specific models and one of the sites that I went to had mentioned Crimson Trace. Out of curiosity I looked them up and learned that they are a laser site company. I explored their site a little and I would have to say that these things are just cool. Not sure of if I would really want one or not but I sure can appreciate their purpose.

How many here have used this product and what is your general opinion about the use of a laser site? For those that have never heard of Crimson Trace, here is a link to their site. Check it out, it is kind of neat.

About Our World-Leading Laser Sights | Crimson Trace Lasergrips
  2. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

I know some cops around here who love them.
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

They are an outstanding Oregon company located about 10 miles from me. Laser sites are great in low light areas. I like night sites myself. Olbill has a set on his little Ruger LCP 380, HRK might have them as well. Their product is well known and respected around the country.
  4. olbill

olbill Active Member

They are very tricky to get them sighted in properly i have been to the range 3 times and I'm still not happy with it. But i shake a lot and i think that's my problem .I may go with the green lazier sights but i need to fire a weapon with them installed.

OLBill
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

obill, loosen up your grip, shakes (I do it) are really increased
    with an overtight grip.

I don't have any CR on any guns, I had a laser on the 226
    and buddy has CR on his 1911, I like them but shoot better
    with iron sights.

For target they are good to help train, thing is you don't want to
    look through the sights at the dot, just pull and look at the dot
    because that's where it's going, for self defense they work well
    many companies offer them as options.

They are expensive too.. Good stuff.
  6. olbill

olbill Active Member

Thanks for the tip and old friend who did a lot of target shooting when they had to qualify in the service they were giving 2 aspirins 1/2 hr before the shoot it slowed down the heart rate and the barrel bounce. I think my main problem was shooting at 50ft targets i sited the laser for 25 I'm still learning

OLBill
  7. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Yea, that indoor range is good but having to shoot at 50 feet kinda sucks. Know of a place up the Clackamas river where you we can ride the bikes up and shoot. Only gotta pick up your brass afterwards, don't want to pollute the forest. Then there is the English pit but the hike back up is a killer. One thing for sure if you keep practicing at 50 feet you'll get pretty good. :D
  8. olbill

olbill Active Member

that S/W m&p 9mm you sold me is great at 50 ft best shooting weapon i have ever owned it is deadly.

olbilkl