1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Crooked Bars

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by 08XModel, Jul 6, 2009.

1. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

Just wondering if handle bars can become crooked without the bike being dumped or wrecked? I'm taking the bike in on thursday to have it looked at. I have had the bars adjusted but it still doesn't fell right to drive. If I ride with the left hand only I can steer bike just fine. If I try right hand I can't hardly keep the bike on the road. Is the bend of the bar same on both sides? Seems to me it should be the same bend. Something is all screwed up and it isn't much fun to ride. While bike is apart I'm also looking at installing poly riser bushings. Does anyone have on input on poly bushings? On a lighter note on ride last sunday I got run off the road for the first time. Lucky I had a wide shoulder to use. 4 wheelers don't look for bikes I guess. Any info would be appreciated.
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

a B.F.H. comes to mind.......get the dealer to check the bushings and tightness of the risers. as for the 4 wheelers......a B.F.G. comes to mind..........
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

if they worked on them before have them double check for alignment & retighten them the same one of my bro-in-laws had a dealer do some work in there & left on a road trip about 500 miles out one side set of bolts came loose he just lost a day of riding at a different dealer he was real lucky
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

They might be out of alignment.

You might also look into a set of replacement Wild one Inc chubby bars 0575's

More pullback and a bit more rise tend to help a lot of riders on baggers,