1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Cruise control

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by jturuk, Jul 30, 2007.

1. jturuk

jturuk New Member

Hi all

I was thinking that it would be nice to have cruise control on my bike but it looks like Kawasaki doesn't even offer it as an accessory on any of their bikes. It looks like Harley offers it as a kit for some of their models. Can anyone shed any more light on this?

Thanks
    John
  2. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

I have a buddy that has a suzuki...... he was able to find some type of mechanical "clamp".....when he got to riding speed, he would flip it and it would "lock" the hand grip in place....not electronic cruise control, and not good for city traffic, but similar in function to the thumb screw on most of the HD bikes...... seems to work. Not sure where he found it, but it was on the internet, so keep looking! Good luck!
  3. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

I hate that thumb screw on mine. I have to wind it up with my thumb and then wind it back down with my fore finger when I need to stop. I only use it when there are no cars around and the road is level for a long distance. They make some dohicky that goes over the star wheel, but, I don't understand how you can get it to wind like one or two full turns?:cussing:

Sorry, I didn't mean to get off track. I'd like cruise control too, but HD wants like 300 bucks:cussing:

bitch, bitch, bitch...:D
  4. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

the one my buddy had was mechanical...required taking off the hand grip, slid the master cylinder up the handle bar just a tweak, slipped it in, and put the hand grip/throttle back on.....I wasn't there when he did it, but I do know that it is a "lever lock"....press down and it locks the throttle like the thumb one, flip it back up (very small distance so does not get in the way) and it is all released. I'll see if I can find it, or have him let me know what it is!

Check out this site.....: West End Motorsports Parts Accessories for Harley Davidson Yamaha Honda Suzuki Kawasaki Victory :
  5. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

check with kuryakyn I know they have a elctomagnetic cruse for hd might have onee for the kawi
  6. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I had an electronic cruise on my bike. It worked for a few months, then it got locked on unless I powered down.

I now use the $9 rubber thingy to rest my hand on that Kurakyn sells. I wouldn't recommend an electronic trottle lock after my experience. Not for the money.
  7. AZroaddust

AZroaddust New Member

I've seen those rubber dohickies and was wondering if they work. You recommend it then?

THANKS!
  8. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

9. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

there called throttle rocker....and they do work. i like my thumb screw...i have it set where the throttle doesnt back off when i release the throttle, but can twist it closed when i want to....
  10. 2fastnaz

2fastnaz Moderator

11. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Yeah, I recommend them Kurakyn-throttle-rocker-palm-rest doohickies. It also helps to hold my helmet's chinstrap on the handlebar when I park it, so I don't think I'd take it off even if someone gave me a fancy cruise system.
  12. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

:D :roflmao:
  13. ratbat

ratbat New Member

I added the Breakaway to my metric. It's expensive but I believe it works better than the other mechanical throttle locks. It holds speed long enough to shake the numbness out of your hand.