1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Cruise Control

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Jun 24, 2008.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

After ChuckTx drug me on a ride that was 1200 miles I went to the dealer and got a Cruise control kit for my bike, Installed it myself on my 08 Standard and had to take the bike to the dealer for them to hook it up to the computer to turn cruise control on.
    Never had cruise control before, man its nice, so easy to operate, I really like the dawg out of it. I'm going to really enjoy it. Wow !
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Stay away from the mobil fridge and microwave unit that replaces the tour pack :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
  3. steveb

steveb Active Member

I agree with you. I upgraded to an Ultra Classic form a Dyna super glide and it is great having cruise control and a radio. I can spend all day on the bike riding and get up the next day and do it again.
  4. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

cardboard how much did it set ya back i was think of one also ifin the funds are there:)
  5. cardboard

Because I got a 08 the unit was like 235.00, the dealer charged me 34.50 + shop supplies and tax, it came out around 300.00. I installed the unit.
    After using the unit I think it is well worth the money.:D
  6. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

saw a kit for Cruise on Ebay the other day...
  7. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

Upgraded ?? cmon man...I still love my Dyna.....besides...the wife says Im not "old enough" yet for a Ultra classic (meaning only old guys ride em) :wtf:
  8. steveb

steveb Active Member

I loved riding my Dyna also but my wife didn't care for riding with me. Since she is liking to go with more than originally planned we needed to upgrade. I was looking at a street glide or a classic but she saw the Ultra in the candy red and fell in love with it .So I ended up with more bike but she is happy. I wish I could have them both.
  9. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Dynas are nice

I like 'em..had one but Mammy likes the E G.....she's happy, I'm happy
  10. cardboard

Age has nothin to do with when you git a EG in my book, its about what kind of riding you do.
    In the fall I need a leather jacket in the mornin and a sweatshirt during the day. And I like to ride to destinations a little farther away to see things. The EG gives me more room for carrying things and makes the ride easier. The saddlebags allows me me comfort of being to carry things I normally would leave at home. The tour pack give me even more room when I want to make longer trips.
    And the OL and me seem to wind up farther and farther from the house.
    All bikes are nice to have and ride, but sooner or later you are gonna wind up on a EG and once you ride one for a while they are hard to leave.
    The comfort they give is hard to beat.
    They take a little gittin used to with the fairing and windshield and everything. On my standard I bought a tour pack and made it quick release where I can make my bike differennt if I only ride over to the bar or out to eat.

Rent one for a couple of days and see what they are like, never know what the world is like on one till you've had them out. They take some time to git used to oh !
  11. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

Dido on the longer hauls! I loved my dyna lowrider and thought I had it all setup for tourin - windshield, saddle bags,new 2 up seat and backrest but the stiffness of the suspension pounded the pi$$ - literally out of my wife. I've had a few bikes in the past that she never even rode around the block on,I buy the HD and it wouldn't leave the garage without her on the back. But I went lowrider expecting to be solo,it was fine for her for max 2 hr ride.
    I drive truck and had no problem with the dyna and to me it is the true classic Harley style and look. We can now out ride the gas tank on the FLHTC and tunes is an added bonus I didn't think I would like but couldn't live without now. I always said "If you can hear a radio your pipes arn't loud enough"!