1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Curiosity

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by ironhorse, Apr 23, 2007.

1. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

where is everybodys big rides going to be this year if any? laughlin sturgis calif. , florida? I myself am planning to make it to sturgis with my brothers for a day or to other than that it will be local and riding to work.
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

gonna try a plantation run in louisianna in may.....go to springfield for the national flat track comp, maybe do a bit of riding around in pa. and westvirginia.....no big ride planned, just a few small ones....
  3. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

pending leave approval, I am planning a sturgis run from san antonio......then mostly commuting to/from work and local rides.
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

No big ride in the plan's :mad: But I'am riding anytime I can , grab a hundred or so
    :cool:
  5. bk166

bk166 New Member

My big trip for the year will be Glacier National park and on into Canada with the return going to the Bonneville Salt Flats and back home.
  6. SK

SK New Member

I was planning on circling the US after I graduate, but it make be difficult to do at the moment. I do plan at least several rides this Summer if I don't as I'm probably not gonna start working until at least August.

First ride for sure is the annual Colorado 500 Invitational Road Ride (there's also an annual dirt ride of the same name). Wally Dallenbach, the ole Indy 500 racer and long time chief steward of CART racing..now CHAMP car racing..has been having these rides for a long time.
    Motorcycle Hall of Fame: Wally Dallenbach, Sr.
    The road ride is going to be its 21st, while the dirt ride has been around now 30 years. There are a lot of folks from the racing industry..motorcycles and cars..that do the rides, especially the dirt ride. Originals like the Unser brothers and Malcolm Smith of "On Any Sunday" fame have done the dirt ride for decades.

I was lucky enough to be invited 10 years ago on the road ride, but haven't made the ride the past two Summers do to school. Can't wait to get back to The Rockies this coming June.

After that..just may hop on the bike and head out into the US and see where I end up.
  7. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Nomad, currently the Blue Ridge Mountains
    Road trips

First one out this year was my shake down run back in March. Went from SC through NC and TN, up through KY into IL, then to Branson MO. From there down to Blanchard Springs, AR then Mnroe and on to New Orleans, back via Montgomery, AL, Atlanta and home 2886 miles all toll. Had to cut it short due to the bite was going to Jacksonville Fl as well. Oh well next time.
    Will be doing Rolling Thunder in May and heading up from there to maine and a few places. Have a trip planned to Amarillo TX and on into New Mexico in August but not sure on that one yet. And the first weekend of October is Myrtle Beach Fall Bike Week...which happily coincides with my 60th birthday clebration...so if ya can make it make plans on sharing some cake and beer!

Ride Free......
  8. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

kool new section

I like the new events of the day section as a thought might add the near future ones for those of us with extended short term memory. I totaly forgot laughlin was this week guess my brothers and I will saddle up and head to hooters instead. been a while since I've been to thunder mountain harley anyways.
  9. Ted

Ted New Member

Hay AFNurse
    Have you seen the vido Russian SU 30 MK fighter Its Neet I don't no how it was done.
  10. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

I'm lucky if I can get out the garage these days...nuthin but cold & rain...
  11. AFNurse

nope....can't say that I have! where do I find it? I'll look at it if you have a site!
  12. Ted

Ted New Member

Its a short Vido Im not to good with this computer stuff send me an E-Mail and I will send it to you. tkeseler@yahoo.com maybe you can explain it.
    Later Ole ted
  13. AFNurse

check your email......
  14. chucktx

hey ted........if nurse gets it, would you let him post it for all to see??????

then i guess i need to ask if af nurse would post it?? lol lol
  15. AFNurse

I got it...plane does some pretty cool acrabatic stuff...not sure how tactically sound it is, but looks WAY COOL......my big problem is how to load a 5mg video clip......I MAY have to turf it off to Ken and let him do it....if possible!
  16. chucktx

ok.......no prob, didnt know it was that big............
  17. Peyts

Peyts New Member

Let me know if you are planning or riding around Alberta or into the Rocky Mountain Pass (around Banff or Lake Louise)... I'll take you for a spin out there and show you around... BEAUTIFUL country. All it will cost you is a Harley shirt from Louisiana (which I'll pay for when you get here)... let me know! :biker:
  18. Peyts

Peyts New Member

Sturgis for me...
  19. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

We are planning for Sturgis this year and have a campground reserved in Spearfish. Taking a round a bout ride through Montana to get there.
  20. SK

SK New Member

That's the best part of the trip. :D

Not sure where I'll be in August..just might try to ride through that way. I've only been to Sturgis once back in '98. I wanna checkout Deadwood as I thought the short-lived HBO series was really cool.