1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Custom Auxiliary Lighting Bracket Kit on FLHX

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by wojo, Oct 29, 2008.

1. wojo

wojo New Member

I have the above lighting bracket kit on my FLHX. I just bought the clear lens and vertical reflector optics. I noticed the other night that one optic is shining higher than the other and I wanted to know if there was a way to adjust them so they are side by side when i'm riding. I dont want to take the optics off again unless its necessary. is there a way to adjust them without removing the optics? Someone let me know. Thanks.
  2. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

sorry pard havn't got them on mine i installed some differantly and thats another story but hang in there some one will chime in here soon
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

If there like the regular driving lights just different bulbs theres a bolt /nut that tightens them up just loosen it & adj from there & tighten back up
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

if ya post a link or pic of em.........you will be guaranteed an answer.......:)
  5. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Thank you Chuck I thought it was just me that couldn't see the picture. Pictures do really help.
  6. wojo

wojo New Member

Auxillary Lights adjustment

thanks guys, i will try to take a photo and post it so you know what i'm talking about.
  7. wojo

wojo New Member

lighting issue resolved

thanks guys for your input. i went by the stealer and asked the repair tech how to adjust them and they told me how to do it. its a little bit of a pain in the ass, but its not impossible. they get adjusted by loosening the nut underneathe the light housing. you can adjust from there. you can either buy the special tool that harley probably sells, or you can use a dremel to cut a 9/16th socket to loosen and tighten the nut. this is the best way to do it, unless you buy the special tool that someone sells. best of luck.