1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Cv carb needle?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by vgfxst05, Sep 7, 2010.

1. vgfxst05

vgfxst05 New Member

I have another? I got answers for the slide now need to know about the needle mine is not fixed but has slots and a moveable e clip is this stock or other? No markings on it, and where do I set the clip? Thanks again for all the other replies I got on the other thread..
  2. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

With the other info you gave about the drilled port and the adjustable needle you have a dynojet kit installed in the carb...that's not the stock needle, the emulsion tube won't be stock or the jets or the spring...the dynojet stuff isn't interchangeable with stock CV carb jets.
    How's the bike running?? Kinda rich?? surging or "hunting" at steady throttle positions? What mods have been done to the bike?
    If it's running OK, you could either leave it as is and work with what you have(try the middle slot on the needle first) or you'll have to get a stock spring, emulsion tube,stock jets and needle +fill the drilled port and drill a new 7/64" hole...or... get a CV Performance kit.
  3. fxdxriderleo

fxdxriderleo Active Member

For the money the CV kit is well worth it.
  4. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Dynojet is alright but the CV kit is far superior. Less tinking to get it right and it helps Ken out so he buy Cardboard some jack.:roflmao::roflmao: