1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Cv carb on s-s manifold

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by baggerpaul, Jun 4, 2012.

1. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

hey guys well a while back a good freind and indie let me try an s-s super e to see if the bike liked the bigger t body of the super e . and the 98 responded very well to the larger carb so i was out to find a bigger cv . now the question at hand. is has any one on the forum tried the s-s to cv adaptor for the larger s-s intake with good results and will i have to use the cv or s-s filter never tried it and i dont know so out to the wise old gray beards i go! thanks.
  2. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Vulcan engineering has the adapters...I've never used one so I can't comment on how well it works....if you go with the CV carb you'll have to use the CV breather,S&S breather won't bolt up to a CV...What size CV you looking for??
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

What carb, 44 or 50 (or did ya luck into a Woods Rebel)

Wes Brown over in Pinellas Park used to make a CV intake for
    larger engines bigger opening, he custom made me a cv51 when
    the carb just came out for my 124

I have seen adapters on Ebay,.
  4. Lucifer

5. baggerpaul

got a 44 that im gonna send to bobby im just thinking of the amount of space with the adapter between the heads and breather bolts thats gonna make the intake longer . think im goona have to chuck up some aluminium tube on the lathe and cut some breather bolt spacers. could not find a manifold yet and i think even if i port the manifold it will be to thin and warp by the time im done porting it and bolt it on . love the performance of the s-s as far as power goes just they just dont respond as well as a cv when you crack on them dont get me wrong i can lay 150 ft patch but its just not a cv the velocity is not there for air speed like the cv are low rpm even with perfect jetting . lol s-s perfect jetting ha ! to get it to respond at low rpm i have to drop the low speed jet down and then it transition the main will be to lean were i spend most of my riding on the highway is 3.000 it brings me to 15.7 with a 28. and 72 . so i bump my slow to 29.5 and drop my main to 70 its to fat at the low range and my throttle responce suffers . so i drilled a 28. went back to the original main and im 12.5 to 13,5 .7 the responce is not perfect but as good as im gonna get . oh and i also adjusted the air bleed as well . still never as good as my cv as far as ridability.
  6. baggerpaul

7. Lucifer

:roflmao: cleanest engine on the island...on the inside:roflmao:putting it back together tomorrow night... had to take tonight off,my right arm is killing me(couldn't even lift a beer with it:gah:)there wasn't any big pieces about 1/2 square was the largest but losta fluff...I also put a new set of skins on it,giving the Michelin Commander II's a try and got a set of TP Pro vent rocker boxes going on... prolly be riding in 2 days ...a lot of work to clean up the mess,on the plus side is ,we got to see everything inside the bike and it all looks good...
  8. baggerpaul

good deal ! right arm hurting cause you had to lift all them beers :roflmao::roflmao::rant:eek:r cause you was doing all that cleaning:roflmao:
  9. Lucifer

I wish...old injury coming back to bite me,gets worse and lasts longer each time it comes back...probably will wind up having surgery on it...next time or the time after...I hate Doctors and hospitals...he might leave a rag in me :roflmao:
  10. eieio4tn

eieio4tn Active Member

tell 'em to leave your pushrod alone...
  11. hotroadking

I might have a cv44 manifold and flanges in the stockpile
    it's a tc unit but you might be able to make it fit.

I took the stock backing plate mount, cut and had extensions
    welded in to make it fit, no tubes used sns breathers on the heads
    cv bracket and backing plate, perfect fit.
  12. baggerpaul

Well mine is a tc so if ya want to dig it up give me a shout and what ya want for it hrk .and thank you .
  13. prodrag1320

prodrag1320 Active Member

using a adapter,i did it with a 48mm mikuni.S&S does make a CV manifold too.paul,if thats the motor your putting the heads im doing on,dont get real crazy with jetting,probebly going to have to do it over again
  14. baggerpaul

Yep I know kirby . Got this carb set were I want it now . Getting my ducks in a row when the heads are done ill retune on the dyno.the motor likes the bigger carb for sure e it has now it runs out very well with this tune and pipe just might try the e with the head work. And then make a quick change with the adaptor to the cv and retry it . ? What do you think?seems the cv had better responce just off idle than the e . Its a very small window that I speak of.
  15. hotroadking

Letme look tonight and be sure I still have it and the flanges, I have a
    ton of stuff I know I still have a super G full kit with 124 manifold (two I think)
    will let you know this evening.
  16. prodrag1320

prodrag1320 Active Member

the big SE cv carb is a real nice unit if ya can find one
  17. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

There is a guy on HTT that probably has one. Look up Sonny on HTT. last time I checked you can still get those carbs from MoCo.
  18. hotroadking

Ok found two.
    29815-02
    [​IMG]

29637-99

[​IMG]

Side by side

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. baggerpaul

Cool! Ones a biggie .lol that's what she said . Pm what ya want for it
  20. hotroadking

we need to check pn to make sure it's what you need the big one might be for a 51