1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

CV kit accel nozzle trouble

Discussion in 'CVP Stage 1 Tuners Kit' started by Lazy88, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Lazy88

Lazy88 New Member

Installed the cv complete kit . Found bike jetted lean , etc., etc. After installing the new accell nozzle I found it doesn't clear the carb throat to inject a shot of fuel into the carb. Re checked the directions of installing it and found I did nothing wrong. Pressed it in to the float bowl as instructed . All the other parts fit great with very minor tweaking for an exact fit so this is confusing. In the instructions the picture shows it NOT totally seated down yet the instructions say to tap in untill seated . Mine looks just like the one in the picture with the screws and allen wrench. I realize it is shorter than the stock unit but....what to do. Any help? :cool:
  2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

The angle that the fuel sprays out of the low profile nozzle is aimed to just skim the bottom of the venturi when the engine is not running. When the engine is running and accelerated the intake velocity draws the fuel up and under the slide as it lifts.
  3. Lazy88

Lazy88 New Member

Thanks for the quick response. With a mirror I can just see the nozzle oriface and it is right at the floor of the carb throat just as you say it should be. Very close it is so thanks again. Just so different from the factory I was concerned. All is well then.