1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

CV Kit shipping?

Discussion in 'CVP Stage 1 Tuners Kit' started by celkins24, Sep 14, 2011.

1. celkins24

celkins24 New Member

I know I've read to submit questions about shipping to CV Performance directly and understand they are busy guys, but I am curious as to when I should be expecting to recieve my order. I sent an e-mail asking this question back on Sept 1st. It is now Sept 14th and I have neither recieved a reply or the CV kit which was ordered on Aug 1st and payment recieved on Aug 5th via paypal. The order was placed directly with CV Performance. I understand the USPS is slow and this is not the place for this question, but this seems to be taking forever, and I'm looking for some seat time post jet kit before it starts to snow. From all I've read here, I must say I am overly excited to get this installed and setup as you guys have had nothing but good things to say about the company and their products. Maybe a little impatient, but then who isn't at times. Thank you all in advanced.

Chris
  2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Hi Chris, please email your order number and name used to place the order to:
    info@cv-performance.com
    You should have received the order by now (unless in another country) but I can't track without the above mentioned information.

Thanks
  3. celkins24

celkins24 New Member

Email resent and thank you Ken.
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I was about to say I had mine in about a week , both times & I live half way across the county , & going to order another in a couple weeks
  5. Javieret

Javieret New Member

Message deleted by forum moderator. Reply sent to you personally. This forum is not to be used to discuss transactions.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2011
  6. celkins24

celkins24 New Member

If nothing else this experince and today taught me not to trust the USPS. Got a letter a work mailed from a guy in Florida addressed to his country club. Sad thing is I work in Michigan and his country club is in Florida. So a letter sent from home to an address across town ended up taking an extra 2200+ mile trip. Its a wonder how so many hands can touch something and not look at it and realize what is wrote on it is totally different from what they stamped on it. Guess them postal workers don't have need to know how to read.
  7. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Back in 1969 I took the USPS test, I was 17 years old. Most of the test was deciphering samples of crappy handwriting. I got a 98 on it. (Never took the job). They can read, they just don't give a s___t. It's a secure government job! Buddy of mine who was an industrial engineer for more than 20 years (until Clinton's NAFTA) took a letter carriers job a few years ago. Went out delivering mail, got back to the PO at 3pm the boss asks him "what are you doing here?" He replied that he finshed the route. The boss asked him again, finally my bud got the message and asked "when should I be here?" the boss says "5 O'clock" . My friend walked out the door and goofed off until 5. My bud then came up with an idea that would insure the mail got delivered better. The boss told him "what is your problem? we don't have any competition!" One day I got delivered to my box a registered, return receipt letter for a guy on the other side of my town! Figure that one out! So now the PO is bankrupt, F them! :cussing:
  8. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

The postal service is both my friend and nemesis. Because what I ship is lighter than a pound I need to ship with them (UPS/FedEx gouges on small items), yet they occasionally give me and my customers grief.

On the personal/non-business side I HATE them! At my home we had a mailbox mounted on a post near the sidewalk, however due to new landscaping I needed to move this. So I installed a brand new box at my front door, only 15 feet away from the original. Suddenly mail stopped arriving, and a week later I get a note on my door saying the post office is holding my mail. I go to the local office and they inform me that because I moved my box they can no longer deliver to me. HUH???? After escalating this up the chain I get to the local postmaster who says that each route has been mapped out for a carrier to take only so many steps, and that moving my box exceeds the amount of walking and time for my carrier. REALLY?! My response, "So when the lady 5 doors down moved her box from the door out to the street, doesn't that mean the carrier gained 15' in walking distance?".
    Here's where it gets really stupid... couple times a week my wife gets items that won't fit into the mailbox, so the carrier walks it up to the door and leaves it on the step. WTF! How is this any different than locating the mailbox in this same place? I tried escalating this higher and finally was told that they cannot change any aspect of a route without the postal worker union signing off on it.
    :banghead:
  9. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

WOW!! And I thought they were supposed to go slower???:banghead: I had heard on the radio here in Sota that they were taking measures to slow down the mail as this would eliminate overtime..:gah: