1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

CV Stage 1 Tuners Kit Install advice

Discussion in 'CVP Stage 1 Tuners Kit' started by rrkfrgc, Oct 27, 2008.

1. rrkfrgc

rrkfrgc New Member

Have gone ahead and installed the upgrade kit complete with the slide modification + lighter spring for better throttle response) despite warnings against it from a variety of sources on the internet - some saying not to do it at all, and others saying that it can be balanced out by either drillling the slide/using the original spring or simply using the lighter spring and not drilling...)?

:confused: So, was just wondering what problems, if any any of you guys working on a stock, late model '06 XL883 have come across in doing this procedure fullly. :confused:

I've installed the 44 pilot jet, and the carb came standard with a 175 main in it... and that's what I put back into it new (per kit instruction with both upgraded air intake and exhaust) along with the upgraded emulsion tube and the new slide needle.
    Am installing a Kuryakyn Standard Hypercharger with vented trap door option :cool: , so was wondering when I install the new exhaust system soon (Cobra Speedster slashdowns) if anyone here with more experience than I thinks that I'll need to richen up the main jet any beyond where it sits now.
    Looking forward to a fairly trouble free (spit-back free) ride and fine-tuning when I pop it all back together this coming week!
    Thanks, Rick
  2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Advice against drilling the slide is both right and wrong. That advice is based on drilling the slide port with a 1/8" drill which often ends up even larger if the bit wanders. The drilling instructions with that kit suggest using the smaller bit size supplied simply to clean up the hole. Because the slides are cast the vacuum port hole is often not cleanly drilled so drilling with the smaller bit makes it the optimal size. If you are more comfortable leaving this hole undrilled that is okay too. I would still use the supplied spring.
  3. rrkfrgc

rrkfrgc New Member

Thanks 4 the advice regarding slide hole drilling

Yes, I used the kit-supplied 7/64" bit and drilled straight thru so's not 2 wallow it out any, and remember the references to 1/8" being the norm for a lotta people who had problems with slide wander...
    Thank you, raining out tonight so I'll slap it back on with the new Hypercharger later this week and ordering those cool-lookin' Cobra slashdowns later this week too!
    Looking forward to a slightly more spunky/responsive 883... :D, not that I was unhappy at all before this!
    TY Rick