1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Dang Man

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Apr 13, 2010.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Know everybody knows I work for a dude called The Boat Doctor. We go all over a lake that's over 40 miles long and work on boats.

We went on a Hurricaine Deck Boat this mornin.
    The Power trip unit is leaking down.
    We was gonna take the power trip unit off the boat, and the boat was hangin in the lift.
    So we had Sarge to lower his boat down so the boat was in the water.
    We pushed the boat out and used a rope to turn it around and put the motor in 1st.
    Now we would have the motor so we could work on the power trim unit off the boat dock.

Sarge was raising his boat up and we nearly had it up high enough when one of the cables on the lift broke and the back of the boat crashed into the boat dock and went down under the water.
    Doc had his hand on the motor and nearly went in with the boat.
    We told him to hurry and let the front end of the boat down. and the back end of then boat floated up.
    I'm so glad we wasn't under the boat. And nobody got hurt.

I've been worrying about this for a while. Wondering what if the boat fell.

We put a ladder under the boat and let the lower unit oil out, pull lower units etc,
    And on like pontoon boats we put a ladder under the boat and git under the boat so we can change the control cables.
    This is gonna make me start gitin on customers to replace the cables and boards on their lifts before one of us git hurt.

If the wind on the lake was blowing hard and a cable broke a customer probaly would lose their boat.
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

be carefull out there......
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

i would'nt worry to much about there boat I would worry more about your asz under it keep a eye on those cables
  4. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Lookin at the cables we couldn't tell.

If one of us was under any part of the boat, we would of had a bad day.

They could of called the coroner and a body bag.

I've been real scared for a while and wondered what would happen if a boat come loose.
    We crank the boats up and run them in the slings and braces which swing forward.

Guess i got my question answered today.

Freaked me out.

Boom then the boat crashes into the water.

Geesus man.