1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Dang Wimmen

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Apr 7, 2013.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Left the country yersterday with the OL headed to Kingwood HD 50 miles south of me to get a Windshield for the bike.
    Most of the speed limit till you git down near Porter is 75mph. Then it drops to 65moh.
    I'm in the far left hand lane of like 4 lanes on my side, I'm running 80moh white Volvo pulled out from the lane to the right of me and got within like a car length behind me. I hit my Bright Ass tail light a couple times for it to Flash at her.She held her hand up in front of her face and got closer .You could hear me a Boick away cussing her.As she could squeeze between me and the car to the right of me she shot all way like 3 lanes to the right and shot off the Interstate.WTF is wrong with people.I was running 15mph over the speed limit I'm on a motorcycle and the want to push me off the road
  2. Ripper01

Ripper01 Member

Exiting from the hammer lane,must have been a Kingwood resident. Every time I've been to Kingwood H-D I get my parts in 3-5 working days.I don't think they keep anything in stock there.
  3. cardboard

They had my windshield , but it had a few scratches
    I wrote a check and they said it was declined
    Couldn't figure out why
    Went to Baskins Country and Western wear after I left there and wrote a check for the OL a pair of boots
    Called Kingwood HD and complained to the man that is over that dealership
    He called his check approval people and they told him the sales person should of called them and they could of talked to me and made verification and the ck would of been approved.
    Funny I never had the problem anywhere else
    The GM said thank you, they are going to have to retrain the folks on what to do with approval on a check
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

CB, get yourself a debit card for your checking account and you won't have that problem. Checks are a antique way of paying for a product and most venders won't accept checks. Besides you do look a bit shady and they probably thought you was writing a bad check. :roflmao:
  5. cardboard

Money can disappear a little too fast with a debit card.
    And I don't git but like 900.00 a month:rant:
  6. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

glad you didn't get run over but you shouldn't be camped out in the fast lane. over there to pass and then move over. basically the speed limit doesn't matter, if someone is going faster than you you move over and let 'em thru. Where I was born and no longer live there, Quebec it is, or was, illegal to drive in the left lane if you're not passing someone and also wasn't legal to pass on the right. Volvos were marketed as being a safe car in the event of a mishap and a number of their drivers seem intent on testing that theory out.
  7. FLHTbiker

Your getting 100 more than me on Social security
  8. cardboard

Git in the left lane cause the traffic was stupid
    The speed limit was 65, I was running 80 or better
    Just cause you got to make a exit
    I don 't need forced off the road
    If I had of been in one of my trucks I would if totally let off the gas
    I Couldn't git over, cars was over there
    And I ain't doing 100 so you can pass
    I've already been told 100 Gits me a free trip in the Police car to jail
  9. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

just safer to get out of the way..simple physics, a bike always loses an argument with a car. She gave you a car length..that's more than what some of the yahoos up here give you.
  10. FLHTbiker

It like that all around the country anymore. Today while driving down Hwy 224 to rescue the wife. I was I the right hand lane and doing the speed limit when a women came up behind me then speeded up to pass me. She pulled back in directly in front of me and behind another car. I put my hands up saying WTF women and she flipped me off then turned right at the next road. What a idiot.

Anyway way picked up a nail and had a flat tire. She drove to long on it and ruined it. Changed it with that small spare. :D
  11. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

I always try to stay in the "slow lane" on my bike when I'm on 64. Crazy people everywhere. In general, people drive better on the 2 lane roads around here. That's where you'll find me most of the time. There's other ways to get somewhere besides going on the multi-laners.
  12. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

There's a couple ways to deal with the tailgaters, but nothing keeps you out of harms way. Slowing down to let them pass only makes em mad. If you speed up, they want to go faster no matter how fast you're going.

I mentioned my method of making them back-off a while ago, and still do this. But you have to have plenty of motor muscle to get away after, or they'll try to kill you.
  13. cardboard

There was no other lane to git it.
    By LAW here she was too close .
    I was running 80-85 in a 65 zone.
    At 15 over the police get upset.
    If I did 100 and the police got me, she goes free.

If you force me off the road. Yer going to jail
    I know very well the Cager always wins
    You can quote the law to me all you want
    I been riding since 64
    I've been run off the road and been in a wreck because if the people in cages.
    But at some point, I get upset. I have as much right as she does
    At some point it becomes road rage with her.
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  14. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Darn Harley's shaking itself apart at the oddest times. Just unfortunate that it seems to drop a bolt at the most unfortunate times when there is a cage riding too close behind me.
  15. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

"Back in the Day" I've witnessed some horrible things happen to cagers who committed crimes against bikers. Ahh, for the good old days. 1%ers still carry on the work.
  16. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

:roflmao:
  17. FLHTbiker

Last nights news, a couple got into an argument while driving down the road. They had children in the back seats. They got so upset with one another that the women grabbed the steering wheel and gave it a big yank. The SUV went out of control and flew off an embankment. The car slammed into a house going through the concrete foundation and punching a hole inside the house.
    Road rage inside the car, pretty scary anymore. We have to be aware of what's going on all the time when were out riding.
  18. cardboard

That's nothin

Look what we been having in Houston all the time
    Don't ask how it happened

Car lands on top of house in Houston, TX | WHAS11.com Louisville

Sent from yer iPad
  19. FLHTbiker

20. cardboard