1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Day has started out good

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Feb 19, 2009.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

My day has started out good.

Was out in front of the house and a Big Bald Eagle came up and landed in the next door neighbors tree in front of me. I took my mp camera and took a picture, ****er blended right into the tree.
    stood there and watched him for a few minutes. He was beautiful. watched him jump in the air and spread his wings and fly off.
    I've seen him fly over the house many times before but I still like to see his beauty and his wing spand in the air.
  2. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Cool. Can you see him at all in the photo? I want to see it.
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Yes that would be good to see in a pic
  4. cardboard

Even as big as the bird is he blends into the tree without a telephoto lens.
    I had to take the picture and look at the tree and zoom in and stare to even see the bird.
    Was scared if I tried to go into the house to git a camera he would be gone. He sit there for like 5 minutes or less. I've seen him fly down the tree line on the lake for about 13yrs. He has never landed in a tree near me.
    He usually flys out to Pine island or somewhere in the state park. I've gone out in the state park lookin for hours and never seen a nest or where he was at.
    Sent the picture to Chucktx and I wonder if he could even see it in the picture.
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

A freind goes up to a dam area in VA and gets some fantastic images of Eagles

heres a couple

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i got cardboards pic......even blowing it up i could not find the eagle.....his phone camera sucks!!!! lol lol time to get a good verizion phone!!!!! lol

the pic was a nice pic, just could not make out the eagle......
  7. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

HRK those are some damn good pic's Thank's
  8. Thunder99

Thunder99 New Member

+1 Great pics.
  9. cardboard

Will Never have verizon phone again. Used them when I had a business for a year. Ask my OL if she likes Verizon.

Guess you couldn't find the right tree :D

Oh yea the pictures were great.

And I live down by the Dam on Livingston. There was a pair put below the dam about 13 yrs ago before they build the 3278 bridge across the bottom of the dam that wasn't there.
  10. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Awesome pics of our countries symbol. Thanks