1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Daytona Bound

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by Hot01, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Me, of all people, who hates rallies. :rolleyes:

Harley sent out an e-mail today announcing a women's ride, which just happens to fall on my birthday in Daytona Beach during Bike Week. It's for the first 500 women, who meet certain qualifications, who sign up. The qualifications being that you have a license, have ridden over a 1,000 miles in your life, and can ride over an hour without having to stop. :roflmao:

I've become "friends" with this woman on Facebook who also wrote for the Biker Chick book that's coming out in '09. She lives around Dallas somewhere, so I talked her into going too. I'll stop by and we'll ride out together.

She was asking if I knew where we should stay out there. I don't plan on sticking around too long, since I have to get back to work, but does anyone have any suggestions - outside of Daytona?
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Don't know of any motels/hotels there but I wished I could fit in you coat pocket. :D
  3. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I was wrong on the qualifications. You have to be able to ride 5 hours or 200 miles in a day. :rolleyes:
  4. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

There has to be motels out there, but expect to pay a premium buck for it. I would look for a camping area. It will cost too, but definitely not as much. I guess if I were to head down there, I have a friend that lives nearby who'll let me pitch a tent in his backyard. Best of luck...:)
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

that sounds great abby.....have fun and good luck....
    i have not used this service, but it looks like it may help..

Accomodations
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

pic a city near where you want to stay.....it brings up a lot of different places,rates, but supposed to be biker friendly......:)
  7. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Cool link Chuck. Thanks!

I'm definitely thinking camping, but I'm not sure about my friend. I'm trying to talk her into it.
  8. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Congrats Abby I here thats a honor to ride with that group
  9. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

congrats

sounds pretty neat!!! ya kidding about the 5 hours or 200 miles tho right? (I am sure ya can pull that off no problem.) It'd take me days to get there that way from here.:)
    I love going that way when nothing is going on. I got familiy in melbourne, Orlando and friends in Bronson (turned his garage into a bar/ hangout/sleep quarters for visitors.) Ya get a chance go to ?Dixie Crossroads in Titusville and eat the best Rock shrimp on the planet. Or all the real crab legs ya can eat. The price is not that bad either. Oh yeah there is a public nude beach at Playlindas outside of Titiusvlle/Cape. The last dune I think number 13 ya can let it all show. Enjoy!!! :D Hey what can a fella say 500 women on bikes? I had to suggest it ya know. All in fun :D

later,:cool:
    Voo1