1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Daytona Women's MDA Ride

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by Hot01, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Hey Everyone!

I posted a couple of days ago about the MDA ride I signed up for in Daytona. They do have prizes for top fundraisers, but I'm not pushing for that. I want to have fun with this and not stress about harassing all my friends and family to donate. However, I would like to help out and be able to contribute something to the cause. It would be very rewarding to me if a bunch of people could donate as little as $2 - $5 each. That being said, I know times are tough, and you'll all still be my favorite online biker buddies if you don't. :D

Abby's MDA Site
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Abby is there a dead line for donations ? As we just did christmas & I bought some bike parts , I will have it about 1-03-09 if that will work Thanks
  3. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

It's the end of February I think. No rush! Thanks.:D
  4. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Cool... I can help in the middle of Jan!!! Peace...:)
  5. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

OK, now that the swap meet is over, I can start thinking about Daytona. Since we can ride throughout the year here, I figured that getting south to Texas at the end of the month would be a safe bet. Apparently not. I'm leaving my job a few days earlier than originally planned in case we're held up by snow. I'm really hoping it won't be an issue, but you never know around here.

So now my pitch... I know these aren't the best of times, but if you can spare a buck or two for Jerry's Kids, it will be appreciated by many people. When I say "a buck or two", I mean just that. I'm not trying to break any land speed records (well, donation goals), but I think it would be awesome to have a lot of folks pitch in a little bit each. The link to the website for donations is in my signature line.

I'll still think you're all great guys (except for that lunatic with the shift-key problem) if you prefer not to. I know that a lot of people have choices for charitable donations that might not include MDA.

Once this is behind me, it's all about the book... :D
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

if ya do swing through TEXAS, ya can bunk here.......no problem!
  7. cowboy

Yep if you decide to stop at chuck's let him know & I'll ride over ,I think it would be kinda cool to meet a future famous auther :cool:
  8. cowboy

Abby just wondering when your heading out to Daytona ? & how the weather up in Colo ?
  9. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Hopefully we're heading out on Thursday. My last day at work is Wednesday and I'm teaching this weekend, so I'm a little stressed. Got the clear bra on the saddlebags (check out that adventure in the Projects forum:banghead: ) and still need to do the rear fender. We haven't figured out a definite route yet, so I'm not sure if we'll be going through Houston or not. We'll probably have plan B and C for weather issues. As of yesterday, we're supposed to have showers on Wednesday but clear on Thursday with the high around 50. Not great, but better than snow. Looks like it's supposed to be raining in Dallas the following day, but I can handle rain. Also, the 10 day forecasts can change so much. Worst case scenario we'll have someone trailer us out of the snow. I really hope that doesn't happen. Neither of us own a trailer, and I've never traveled that way. Hate to start now.

Donations are up to $150, so I feel good about that. I felt pretty lame with only $25. My birthday is on the day of the MDA ride. We'll probably only be in Daytona for the ride. It's early in the morning, so we'll leave there and head over to the west coast of Florida to see my mother for a birthday dinner. We hope to head up to NC/TN for Tail of the Dragon after that and then back on home.

Word on the street is that I-10 can have horrible traffic. Any insight on that?
  10. cowboy

If you need to trailer out of Colo my sister had 5 acres just west of Alb Nm & you can store the trailer there PM me any info & I'll call her & send you her PH # They both ride so no prob there , about I 10 yes it can have bad traffic around the Houston area , you can still ride it & chuck place is just south east of Houston you can ride in from the north side & miss Houston head to baton rouge LA & hit hwy 12 & miss new orleans all together
    Happy early B Day & enjoy the ride :cool:
  11. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

actually i am north east of houston.....due west of beaumount....and I10 can be a bitch!!!!!
  12. cowboy

Yep I don't know what I was thinking:banghead: you are north east of houston
  13. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Anyone hear how Abby is doing, we haven't heard much from her lately.
  14. cowboy

I just know they had a good time here in Tex & got home fine , & she going to start working on writing about her trips ( can't wate to read about them )