1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Dear Abby

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Feb 12, 2008.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Dear Abby,

My husband is a liar and a cheat.

He has cheated on me from the beginning, and, when I confront him, he
    denies everything.

What's worse, everyone knows that he cheats on me. It is so humiliating.
    Also, since he lost his job six years ago, he hasn't even looked for a
    new one. All he does all day is smoke cigars, cruise around and shoot
    the bull with his buddies, while I have to work to pay the bills.
    Since our daughter went away to college he doesn't even pretend to
    like me, and even hints that I may be a lesbian.

What should I do?

Signed: Clueless

Dear Clueless:

Grow up and dump him.

Good grief woman!

You don't need him anymore!
    You're a Senator from New York running for
    President of the United States.

Act like one!
  2. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

Have seen that one....TOO funny!!!
  3. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Why men don't write advice columns

Dear Walter:
    I hope you can help me here. The other day I set off for work leaving my husband in the house watching the TV as usual. I hadn't gone more than a mile down the road when my engine conked out and the car shuddered to a halt. I walked back home to get my husband's help. When I got home I couldn't believe my eyes. He was in the bedroom with a neighbor lady making mad passionate love to her. I am 32, my husband is 34 and we have been married for twelve years. When I confronted him, he broke down and admitted that he'd been having an affair for the past six months.
    I told him to stop or I would leave him. He was let go from his job six months ago and he says he has been feeling increasingly depressed and worthless. I love him very much, but ever since I gave him the ultimatum he has become increasingly distant. I don't feel I can get through to him anymore.
    Can you please help?
    Sincerely,
    Mrs.. Sheila Usk

Dear Sheila:
    A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be caused by a variety of faults with the engine. Start by checking that there is no debris in the fuel line. If it is clear, check the jubilee clips holding the vacuum pipes onto the inlet manifold. If none of these approaches solves the problem, it could be that the fuel pump itself is faulty, causing low delivery pressure to the carburetor float chamber.
    I hope this helps.
    :rant:
  4. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

:roflmao: :roflmao: