1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

December 7th, a day that will live in infamy

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Dec 7, 2007.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i just got in from a pearl harbor memorial. left out at 11am,,,ran some errands, then ended up in sour lake texas. the pgr was asked to lead there memorial/christmas parade. great day for riding...stayed in t shirt all day and this evening...spent about 12 hrs in the saddle!!!! great riding day! jacket stayed in the bags!:)
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Now that sound's like a good day to remember , I just stayed home & watch old war movie's , I did catch about half of the Flags of our Father's , it put A different look at the war (WW11) it the flick Clinet Eastwood produced :cool:
  3. SK

SK New Member

Flags of our Father's is a great movie. Just watched it on HBO a couple of weeks ago. Eastwood won an oscar for foreign movie with his Japanese side of the same story. Can't remember the name of it, but would very much like to see it. We lost a lot of men at the Battle of Iwo Jima. I never realized that the flag depicted in the photo and the monument at Ft. Myer was the 2nd flag propped up as the first was ordered taken down by a zealous officer who wanted it brought back home for display.
  4. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

Dec 7th 1984 (a friday then as a matter of fact) the day I joined the Marine Corps......Oooh-Rah !!