1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Decibel number

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by civilprocess, May 13, 2004.

1. civilprocess

civilprocess New Member

Can anyone tell me how many decibels of sound there are in a set of Screaming Eagle pipes/mufflers on a 2003 Road King Classic. :) :) :confused:
  2. fatboyvtwin

fatboyvtwin New Member

Are the exhaust 2 into 1 or fishtail, do you have a big bore kit installed, etc.? Let me know Thanks David. D
  3. civilprocess

civilprocess New Member

There is no big bore kit installed and the pipes are the regular factory duels w/ the round billet tips. Thanks for responding David D., :) I hope this helps you.
  4. heritagejohn

heritagejohn New Member

not db's that make power but efficiency i'm making 91hp/99#torque rear wheel . just muffle,air cleaner n dynojet. oh yah screaming eagle road king-lol
  5. fatboyvtwin

fatboyvtwin New Member

I have spent some time researching the decibels of Screaming Eagle exhaust....the closest I can come up with is in the range 73-85 decibels. The proper way to test the decibels is to get a decimeter and hold it 18 inches from the exhaust at a mid range RPM. If I am wrong please correct me. Ride Safe David....