1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Delivery period on new Harley order

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by jturuk, Feb 26, 2008.

1. jturuk

jturuk New Member

Would anyone here know approximately?

Thanks

John
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

John all the dealers here in Tx have them on the floor what model did you order ?
  3. jturuk

jturuk New Member

Cowboy I ordered a Road King Classic. They would have placed the order about January 15th or so. I told them that I wanted to take delivery in early May. They said not a problem. I was just curious as to whether this was realistic or not or whether I'd be anxiously waiting for it to show up in July or August...........or later.

John
  4. maxpower_hd

maxpower_hd Active Member

I know a guy that just bought an 08 Heritage. They had it and a slew of others on the floor. It's not like it used to be when you had to wait a year. The only reason he had to wait at all was to get pipes and crap put on.
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

John Unless there's a wating list in Canada they should have had it already , or is that when you really wanted it to be ready for you , like Maxpower said it's not like it used to be , most of HD's bike are already to go out the door , congrets on your new bike
  6. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

When I bought my new heritage in 02' I placed the order in February and had it the 1st week of May. But like everyone else commented, unless you had a special order or you requested a May delivery, most dealers now have bikes on the floor ready to go.
  7. jturuk

jturuk New Member

This is sounding really good! Yeah I specified early May for delivery simply because up here in the spring they sweep up all the sand and such that they spread on the roads throughout the winter and I figured that by May the roads should be in pretty good shape

Thanks for info

John
  8. Ultra Al

Ultra Al New Member

Way to go John and congrats. i see you are moving up in the world from a Kawasaki Vulcan. Did you ask for a particular color? Al
  9. jturuk

jturuk New Member

Thanks Al

Actually my wife wants to start riding so we are both enrolled in the motorcycle safety course in late May and the plan is to start her off nice and slow on the Vulcan after she completes the course and go from there.

I ordered the Harley in the Pacific Blue color. They have a two tone gold and black that I really wanted but one of the dealers in Southern Alberta said that that particular color was only available in bikes that were made in April and May?????????? so I picked the blue but it was a tough decision. They have so many nice colors to choose from!

Take care

John
  10. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

they do mass paintings. and the color you want is running in that particular month. .....:)
  11. fujimo

fujimo New Member

what

what is a oil battery operator,,,pops
  12. jturuk

jturuk New Member

Fujimo

We have substantial reserves of oil and gas where I live. An oil battery is a terminal situated within an oil field. All of the oil from the wells in this field will flow into this terminal for treating. The oil battery usually has on site, testing equipment (to measure the oil and natural gas flowrates from each individual oilwell), treating equipment (there is produced water, mixed in with the oil as it comes out of the ground, sometimes as high as 99% by volume that must be removed. The most water and solids combined that can be in the oil is .3%), storage equipment (large production tanks for storage) and water injection equipment (large injection pumps that inject the produced water back into the producing formation to maintain the reservoir pressure). An oil battery operators job is to manage the entire system .

Hopes this helps

John
  13. fujimo

fujimo New Member

thnx

you are never too old to learn,,, and i am old,,,pops