1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Demo Days again

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by cardboard, Nov 20, 2010.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Road with some buddy's to Demo Days yesterday. Wanted to ride the Road Glides again.
    Rode the 103 Road Glide and the SE Road Glide. Both bikes ride nice, however the power from the 110cu is a lot more notisable.
    Got on a SE Street Glide, the bike is a lot easier to git on and off, easier to handle when you are running. The 2011 SE Street Glide had hard lowers
    with speakers in it. Speakers in the Upper Fariing, and where 2 of the upper guages was they had tweeters in it.
    Had a different kind of pipes on it.
    I know the Street Glide hits bumps harder than the EG, and the seat will be the 1st thing to go alone with the short windshield. But this is a Super nice bike to ride.
    The bike is tight too the way its setup.

I got a lot of older Rednecks in their 70's telling me they had to sell their Road Kings. The weight just got to be more than they can handle.
    Right now I got my EG lowered in the back and don't notise the weight that much. But being retired I got to think to the future if I git one last bike.

Think it might just be a Street Glide
  2. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

I'd think that they would probably be able to put training wheels on it for ya. Then you wouldn't have to worry about fallin over when ya get to old.:roflmao::roflmao:
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Better yet Sarge7 that's what trikes are for. He wouldn't even have to worry about leaving a gas station then :roflmao::roflmao::D
  4. cardboard

my wifes laughs at me when i ride a trike

i lean and hang off the side tryin to git it to lean in the turn:rant:
  5. big_jake57

big_jake57 Active Member

Seen several goldwings (winnebagos) with the training wheel kits on them. Don't think I've ever seen them on a EG or the like. Suppose the upside is you can still lean them in the curves a bit. Think it'd be hard to learn a trike or side car for me.
  6. cardboard

Its just when you ride one, its really different. And I want it to lean.
    Pullin the steering wheel on a curve going very fast is freaky .
    I'm not a trike rider. But have ridden one more than 1 time.
    Don't like how they feel.
  7. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

ya need to try one with an independent suspension.....the rigid suspensions dont handle as well.....
  8. cardboard

I've riddin a trike more than one time now. And my buddy down the street g bought his OL a 2010 Ultra Trike. I've ridden it too with the OL on back.
    She don't like ridin on them much either.
    YOu kinda feel like you don't have total control.
    When you go into a curve it feels like I'm in a boat. It don't make me feel comfortable.
    Think I really like 2wheels.

Took my buddy Ricky to Demo yesterday, this was the 1st time he's riddin since he broke his ankle. He liked it. Even though his doctor said if you stick yer foot down hard you can break yer ankle again'
    Then there as a wreck on 59 at Cleveland .
    We got home late and he even told his OL what he did and she blew a fuse.
    Hes in the dog house now.
  9. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I just plan on dying if I can't ride my King anymore. Gonna happen anyway, and I'd rather go too young (which really passed about 30 years ago) than too old.

:cheers:
  10. cardboard

Man all I can say is when you ride in yer lincoln and lean on the cruves and cruise the road in comfort and git on a trike. Its like all the fun is gone.
    Nothin compares to 2 wheels on my Harley Lincoln. Beep! Beep
  11. FLHTbiker

Man, got news today that a friend of mine about 50 had a bad heat attack and his heart is now only about 75% good. Blood clot on the bottom of his heart. Went up to see him today and told him he needs to knock off the smoking, start eating better cause we need to do some riding next summer. I think we sometimes take it for granted to much.
  12. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

We really do take too much for granted..hope your friend gets better
  13. FLHTbiker

If you really know how to ride a trike it can be a lot of fun. Those bikes can take corners better than most can ride their two wheelers through. You ever see a good trike rider lift a tire in the corner, now there is some hot riding. I've rode trikes many times and do love and prefer my two wheeler but gotta say a 3 wheeler can really do the corners well, if you know how to handle one. :D
  14. cardboard

Hate to hear about yer buddy.
    Hope he gits better.
    Good Buddys are hard to come by.

Wife has a nephew that said NO smokin. Cut grease and fat out of yer diet.
    Eat more fish, chicken and vegetables.
    Take a baby asprin everyday.
    And git yer ass out and walk everyday if you can.
    Sittin on yer butt like me will not let you live as long.
    You got to exercise yer heart to keep it healthy.
    Exercising helps burn stuff up that in yer blood to help keep it from stoppin up.

I'm gonna ride two wheels, I ain't thinkin like Chucktx.
    I'm old and need a trike cause the bike is gittin hard on my to hold up.:D
  15. chucktx

who said im gettin a trike?????? been lookin at the different ones, but dont have one in my immediate future........:eek:
  16. cardboard

You sound like yer just gittin Old and was ready for one. So I started lookin for you...:D

Sorry I woke you up !
  17. FLHTbiker

If I got to the point where I could not safely hold up a bike only then would I go to one. Its not a disgrace to go to a trike but more of a matter of your safety if you want to keep riding. My friend Don has been riding Harley's all his life and would ride em hard and fast. he is 71 now and had a really bad fall while Elk hunting last year. Took a lot out of him and found he was having to hard of a time holding the bike. He traded his bike in and bought a trike and loves it. It has allowed him to keep riding and enjoying what he loves, his Harley. :)
  18. cardboard

Yea !
    Reminds me.
    Chucktx was trying to make it to the couch to take another nap and had a bad fall too.
    He has been stumbling since.
    Been wondering why he ain't been riding as much. Now I know.
  19. chucktx

hehehehe.......i ride a lot more than on weekends. nearly everyday while your workin. got a lot in this past week.......was nice!!!
  20. FLHTbiker

Well it started out at 32 today and still got the Springer out for a few hours. Cold, yep but with the right gear it was warm.
    CB, I did test ride a 103 and while its got more than the 96 has the stock mufflers and the cat it seems it really holds it back. Still I think with some good headers and mufflers it would be a really Strong bike. I road the Cherry Red and Merlot color, very fast looking and great color combo. CB. :D