1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Demo days

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Oct 23, 2010.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Went with a Buddy so he could ride a new Spyder touring trike

We left and went to the HD dealer having Demo Days.

Rode a Roadglide. Its nice bike, but with the wind blowing when the wind hit it from the side it pushed the bike over some.
    Road a Ultra limited with the 103 motor.
    I'm sorry but after riding my 103. HD factory 103 just don't have any power.
    I can't spend hard earned money on the 103.

Rode a Street Glide trike.
    They made me and my buddy watch a video and then go ride a obstickle course on the trike before we could take it on the road.
    We did circles in cones and figure 8's and all.

I was in a curve try'n to hang off the bike to git it to turn.
    YOU CAN'T just turn the wheel. It has pressure on it.
    My wife was laughin at me.
    We both don't think were old enough to ride a trike yet.
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

You ride a trike totally different than a two wheeler. You push and pull opposite from a two wheeler. A good trike rider can out corner a good two wheel rider. As for the 103 you got to remember that theirs is stock with factory crappy air and exhaust. No big cams or any fuel management system on the factory stock bikes.
    What's your HP and Torque and what all did you do to yours.
  3. The Tourist

The Tourist Banned A-Hole

I'm sorry to hear that, but I always wondered about it.

I have a 95-inch engine in a 2004 Dyna, and I seem to have lots of power. I was hoping that these newer 103s and 110s were more "strokers" designed to pull.

I did not get a chance to ride the CVO Dynas my dealership had, and I always wondered. I got word from mechanic that power was available, but they had to be "encouraged."
  4. FLHTbiker

Gotta a friend who got a 103 limited did the V&H pipes plus the V&H new header pipe. Harley 255 cams, Race tuner, SE air Cleaner. Didn't do any head work and he said he got 90 HP and 106 torque. Not to bad for just cams and pipes.
  5. The Tourist

My mechanic did relate the same opinion. However, I like to also buy the super-tuner and get a few thousand miles under me before I make the final changes. We have a dyno at my dealership and my guy is good with code.

We had a CVO Dyna at my dealer that sat in the shoowroom for almost three years. It was yellow, and I suspect that's why it sat. I always wondered how that bike might have turned out.
  6. FLHTbiker

Our dealer has several older CVO bikes in stock and have sat on them seems for a long time. Seems like someone could pick up a older CVO for a good price if they negotiated a bit.
  7. The Tourist

Same here. In fact, this yellow model almost went back to MoCo.

They asked 28K. It went out the door for 20K. Besides, I just wanted the motor, not the bike.
  8. FLHTbiker

So what did you put the motor in :D
  9. The Tourist

No, I didn't buy the bike. Ya' know I foolishly taught my wife to shoot.:D

If I ever have to rebuild Betty I've been toying with the idea of a CVO 110-inch motor with a slow/mid range cam and some decent modern vintage Screaming Beagle pipes.

Besides, I didn't want to trade the old girl in on yellow pimp's bike.
  10. FLHTbiker

:eek: Betty, You talking about the bike or the wife:roflmao:
  11. The Tourist

LOL. Not to hijack, but I did have fun with a clerk at Sears. My wife and I were chatting with her, and I mentioned that my wife had gotten me a debit card for "my mistress." I explained that now I can give her the very best.

The clerk seemed a tad shocked with my wife standing right there.

But you should have really seen her eyes when I said, "Oh, by the way, Betty is black..."
  12. FLHTbiker

That's a good one. :roflmao: