1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Demo Days

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Oct 19, 2009.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Rode with a buddy and his wife about 125 miles south to Angleton for Demo Days. My buddy ragged me till I said O.K.
    We rode new 2010 bikes for hours.

Got to say the new frames on the 2010 Harleys are more than you could ask for.
    The ride is super smooth. Never ridden a bike that rides that good.

Rode a 2010 Ultra Limited with the 103 motor. It was a great riding bike. Smooth as a baby's butt. The 103 sounds good and the bike runs good.

Got on a Screaming Eagle Ultra with the 110 motor.
    Couldn't believe it was the same frame as the limited. It even rode better.
    The 110 motor had a lot more power compared to the 09 SE 110 we rode last year. The tranny shifted great. Was running 90 and leaning back talkin to the OL.
    Think I like the quiet sound of the bike. I must be gittin Old or something.:gah:

But loud pipes are start'n to wear on me when I ride all day.

All in all the ride, sound and power of the bike was awsum.
    Hands down this is the best riding Harley I've ever ridden.
    My wife even liked the SE Ultra, she couldn't believe how much she liked it.
    Man do we have a bug now.

We stopped at Joes Crabshack and had a Redneck Budweiser to celebrate what a great day it was.
    Cool in the morin and went to around 76* during the day down near the coast.
  2. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I know what you mean about the pipes. I've been thinking about baffles for a while. My bike sounds so good, but like you said, it wears on me after a while.

I rode a Fatboy Lo for about 40 miles on Saturday. It was awesome. I put a link here somewhere about it.

I'm glad you enjoyed your rides.
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

My 09 Ultra with the new frame rides very well. I put the V&H Monster Ovals on it. Sound is good and not to loud. You can hear your music very well with them and the don't make the farm animals run like my Springer can do.

What was the price they had on the CVO Ultra and the 103 Ultra?
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

FYI for the first time in 10 years HD was not at biketoberfest with demos...

Sad state when HD doesn't show up with the 2010 models to show off.

Lets see, cut off the sales force from contact to the public by saving what $50K for two trucks some gas and 10 people...?

Amazing the stupidity of the bean counters, vs cutting other overhead that is
    extraneous, you cut out public contact. Always backfires...
  5. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

We rode 2010's in Sturgis this year, like you said we spent hours trying them all out. The 2-n-1 on the street glide and road glide custom are really nice just the right amount of noise and they do have a lot of pep. I'm working on change out my V&H big shots staggered for factory duals with modified stock mufflers. Just not sure I am ready to give up that growl that the Staggereds have.
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

soooo..........did ricky pull the trigger?????????
  7. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

No !

But he has like 9 payments left on his diesel truck that is like 700.00 a month.
    His OL was with us. We had a great time.

She said she is sure Ricky will git whatever he wants.

I'm lookin at what it takes to git the 1/2 credit I needed to to finish school.

I might want a new bike if everything goes right next year.

Gonna ask the National Archives for some copyies of my DD214 tomorrow.
    I might be able to use them if I can git all my ducks in a row.