1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Does Harley Run Hot????

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Lucifer, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

2. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

The blood sucking lawyers will get most of the money, what a waist of time. :cussing:
  4. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

And we pay through higher new bike prices to pay for Harleys defense team. Several thousand riders should pay those four a-holes a visit and convince them to drop the suit.
  5. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

wow seems like most of them ride trikes. MUST BE THE EXTRA WEIGHT ? MOST OF THE GUYS I KNOW DOWN HERE EVEN IF THEY HAVENT PUT THE STAGE ONE KIT ON . THEY PUT A STAGE 1 DOWNLOAD IN THE BIKE TO FATTEN IT UP A TAD . CUZ ITS SO HOT DOWN HERE . BUT I NEVER HEARD OF ONE GET SO HOT TO BURN YA WITH OUT GETTING ON THE CHROME!:mad:
  6. Lucifer

The one of the cry babies I saw on a video clip wasn't riding a trike...but,c'mon man...you're sitting on top of an air cooled engine for God sakes...what do you expect....what the hell was the Judge smoking when he went along with that BS suit.....
    All the Tri-Glides have lowers on them and those Bozo's are too stupid to take them off when it's hot out!!!
  7. baggerpaul

weekend bikers !!!! harleys are made for guys who are not afraid to wrench on them.and own them for the love of the machine !!! they are what they are . !!! go buy a honda shadow . !!!some ones ***** hurts. they prob put pipes on them and made them leanner than they were dumb ass.
  8. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Read some of the posts on the link ... sounds like a couple of idiots ... no matter what problems you think you have, gotta take responsibility for yourself, vs sue somebody. Some people think the world owes them something
  9. baggerpaul

The motor company has more money than these guys have to spend . It will sit in court papers for years before any thing is done .these guys will run out of money and get zero . The dumb ass that kept running the thing should have had it check out. If its burning your skin why would you keep riding it pull over and have it towed its under warr.!!!!! They would have dumped a download in it and cool the motor down.
  10. Lucifer

Maybe they should try to sue the EPA!!:rolleyes: Since that's the reason they have to leave the factory so lean:fight:...Yeah it'll be in the courts for years....by the time it's over Harley's will be water cooled...
    Did anyone hear of transmission failure due to heat??Or engine failure??
    These machines are made for the open road,they need airflow ..you ride around in city traffic on your way to the local Starbucks or where ever these weekend warriors hang out and Yeah they'll overheat....so will a Goldwing...
  11. baggerpaul

You know we are preaching to the choir.we know they don't done!
  12. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

These types wear shorts when they ride to the Starbucks and probably burned his leg that way. We could all be expert witnesses for Harley plus thousands of other guys.
    These idiots probably really are thinking they will win and already counting their money. :rolleyes: idiots.
  13. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

The complaint alleges that since 1999, Twin Cam 88, 96, 103 and 110 cubic inch engines in Harley motorcycles produce severe, excessive heat causing clothing to catch on fire, burn injuries and the danger of burn injury to riders and passengers as well as overheating causing premature engine wear...

'01 FXST. 88B originally, now a 95 ci. Never been burned. Almost 120,000 miles on it. And I'm a girl. :rolleyes:
  14. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Hmm, and here I thought overheating engines and clothes catching on fire was just a bad Nicholas Cage movie!

[​IMG]
  15. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

:roflmao:
  16. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

OK clothes to catch on fire?

What the heck was the guy wearing some
    kind of plastic jump suit?

I've never ever seen anyone with a wiff of smoke
    coming off them from the engine.

Love to see about a million
    people line up to volunteer to
    testify that they have never
    been on fire on an HD...

Maybe drunk, tired, got laid, asleep or farted on an HD
    but never on fire...
  17. baggerpaul

Ill get in line.!and testify to that!:roflmao:
  18. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Why would anybody buy a air cooled engine and sit on top of it and ask that question.
  19. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

There is a part that can be purchased for Harley that will shut one cylinder down or something like that when the bike get gets hot. I think the heating point was at 300* or something like that.. It was called something like the ESIPST or something like that.... I guess the RUBs didn't spend enough money....:banghead:
  20. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

The motors get hot; have always gotten hot. So does my lawn mower engine. So is the coffee in my cup, the soup in my bowl, the ribs right off the grill. Everybody but the judge knows it's a frivolous lawsuit. This is why I hate lawyers and whiners.