1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Dog story

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Hot01, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

That's cool or to hot to run in the sun , pic of dog in truck is priceless:D
  3. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Great article, when we get vistors our Scotties run up and smell the exhaust like they know who it is by the smell. Friends are all aunts and uncles to them.
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

His eyes look sad there in the truck, he isn't sick is he. Nice story, I would love to have a dog but with always taking off on the bikes it would be to hard to take care of one.
  5. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

He's old. I'm worried that he didn't get out of the truck because he wasn't up to getting out in the heat.

I've found that with staying with so many different friends in the last few months, and now my landlord, there are a lot of dogs that act like they belong to me. It's great, because I get the benefits of having dogs but without the responsibility. :roflmao:
  6. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

You'll have to treat the ol'boy with some late night rides when it isn't so hot out, and maybe keep a pail of water where you park the bike so he gets a drink when you get stopped.

Old dogs with bad habits are good to have around!
  7. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

great story!!! i hope it was the heat and age that kept him from chasing you.......the heat slows me down also!!! lol lol
  8. FLHTbiker

105 F here today and even my cat doesn't want to bring in mice into the house...to hot to work for em, T.G. :rolleyes:
  9. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Good short story there, Abby. You captured the moment perfectly. When is the book coming out?

Or maybe I should just hit the rode a bit more and live my own book...like we all should.
  10. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

Great story!!! Feel free to come up MT direction for new material!!! would be a "hard ride" (few breaks etc), but denver to Great Falls would be a day.....or Denver to Billings in one day.....then 3-4 hour ride rest of the way..nice jumping off point for Glacier Park, Yellowsone is 4 hours away....rockey mountains 1-2 hours away....and a couple small ranges not far away. Not colorado, but nice!
  11. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Great story, made me laugh because I have a dog just like that. One of my dogs always barks when he hears motorcycles nearby, and when I start mine he'll give a few barks as if he's challenging another animal. Over time he got to the point where he would just lay there when I started my bike and give a half-hearted bark, sounding more like an old man grumbling.
  12. ReeseSS

ReeseSS New Member

Mine goes running to the door and wants to come out and greet me, could care less about the motorcycle, just knows the sound means I am home. My wife says when I am out on the bike he hears other bikes in the area, he perks up for a little bit, but will distinguish the sound of mine over another and know it is a false alarm! She has to restrain him until I get off so he doesn't get burned by the pipes!
  13. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

I hope Chester is OK.

It just goes to show how much more fun dogs are then cats. All I got is my wife's 2 cats. They can be nice to you only when they feel like it. Other than that they are pretty boring.
  14. FLHTbiker

Our cats always wait for me at the top of the stairs when I get home. Feed me is all they want. Then at night you wake up to the 18 pound one pushed up against you and yea can't move. My wife likes her.

Heidie our fat cat, very spoiled...I would like to have a dog someday.

Attached Files: