1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Done!!!

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Hot01, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I just finished the book. 166 pages (letter sized), with half of it being the blog from the trip. I did end up editing that and adding a few small things if I noticed that there was a lack of continuity.

:D
  2. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Great! Awesome! Can't wait to read it! Of course, we'll have to wait on the publisher and all, but the hard part is done, so congratulations now, and let us know how we can order copies when we can.
    :cheers:
  3. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

+ 1......
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Congrats & like red rider said let us know how to get a copy when there ready
  5. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Great, I'm excited to read it.
  6. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Congrats are in order, way to go and can't wait to read it. :)
  7. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

good for you
    let us know when you are having the introduction
    at some fancy schmancy book store!
  8. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I've sent it to a couple of agents, but I think I'm going to put it on Amazon as a "print on demand" book. What that means is that it gets printed when someone orders one. I can buy them at a reduced price and sell them directly, or I get my profit paid by Amazon in a couple of months.

It would be nice to have someone publish it for me, and I got great feedback on it, but I hate to wait so long, lose my rights, and make less on royalties. A lot of people are saying this is the way to do it, so it just might be pretty soon that it's available.

I can probably get them to do a book signing at Thunder Mountain H-D. Great idea!
  9. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

That is a great idea!!
    Any idea on cost?
    When you have something more definite let us know, I'd like a couple of copies for gifts.
    Colorado Show & Swap isn't to far off.