1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Drafted

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Ashley, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

A friend of mine with a HD Rocker, has been drafted, goes to do military service for a year or so. I am thinking of getting him something to take along for his time in the military, something more biker related than local to here. Is there anything you guys are aware of from your days of drafts and going into the military that might be suitable?

Cheers

Ashley
  2. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

We haven't had a draft since the '70's, but I'd suggest something like:

- good book (or a Kindle loaded up with good books, like Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance or a host of other biker titles)

- biker flask

- Biker shirt(s) (a T-shirt in the same color as his uniform undershirt is cool, 'cuz he can wear it when the mood hits to be a little "unauthorized".

- Wristwatch (generally acceptable in all the services if it ain't too ostentatious).

- Bike-theme Lighter (don't need to smoke to need a lighter!)

- Biker multi-tool

Hope that helps!
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

A farewell night with a beautiful women :D
  4. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Subscription to his favorite biker mag.