1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Drivers license renewal

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Dec 28, 2012.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

The OL went to git her drivers license renewed
    The guy in front of her got charged 25.00
    When she got up in line she said make the check out for 25.00?right
    No it's 33.00 , she asked why amnI being charged more
    Well you have a M on yer license
    If you want me to take the M off it would be 25.00
    The OL asked why is it more for a M
    The lady said everybody can't ride a motorcycle
    The OL said that's a BS excuse and wrote a check for 33.00
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

see ole big tex brother has his hand in your pocket :D, You should pay for mine about $75 every 5 years , I have my CDL & M ,I droped the haz-mat a few years ago cause it was more :banghead:
  3. cardboard

All city and state officials are elected for is to sit around and think up new ways to make more money. So they can get paid more money, and go to more parties.
    I watched when CAlifornia passed a Locksmith license law. Then it started spreading across the united States.
    I had to get a license to operate a business, then get a managers license when there was nobody but me.
    I had to have a huge amount of liability insurance. They wanted me to have worker comp on everybody. Even if they subcontracted for me.
    I had to go up on Service calls automatically, And labor rates.
    Not to mention I had to do continuing education, when I had been doing locksmith work for over 25 yrs.
    The folks teaching the classes hardly knew what they was doing.
    But it was simply a state requirement.
    The customers were crying. I said call and thank your state officials for this.
    NOW Don't you feel MORE secure.
    I been doing work for you for over 10 yrs with no problems.
    Now I got to jump threw Hoops to do work for you. And you got to sign more papers for me to do the work.
    Licensing and Politics and the EPA will be the downfall of this country.

If any part of my licensing is broke, I loose the license and can't do any work.
    But I still owe rent and everything if I got a lease on a building to do business.
    Totally BS.
    Glad I got out of the business and retired.
  4. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Been like that here for years...You pay for every endorsement...
  5. cardboard

So if somebody worries about you. They make you git a Fck'n license so they can make money off it
    I shouldn't have to have a motorcycle license, if I have a drivers license.
    If I can or can't ride a motorcycle why do you care.
    I have insurance on the bike and Health insurance.
  6. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Gee, you are bored. The M on your driver license indicates that you took and passed a motorcycle class and have been approved to operate a motorcycle. This does NOT include you cause your to old to have to have had been required to take any classes. Here in Oregon, they don't charge you more for the M factor they just charge you a lot more just to renew it. We also have to show proof that we are a real USA citizen. I guess they don't trust themselves when they issues our license to us initially. Pay the money your getting off cheap.
  7. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Here In Fl. they charge a premium for M on license. First noticed it in '93. Questioned why, I can't ride and drive at the same time ? Of course to no avail. FN beurocrats. :gah: BTW, Since some female senators son killed himself on a crack rocket, Florida requires everyone moving to the state to take the Fl. M/C Safety course, even if you have an endorsment from your home state for 100 yrs. What BS.
  8. cardboard

O.K. I was grandfarthered in. But I still had to do the riding test with a
    DPS dude in the truck with the OL. And I had been riding a bike for 20 yrs. legally
    Like they know more than me. And I used to race Dirt bikes too doing motorcross.
    Give me a break.
  9. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

I heard they gonna issue a permit to drink Bud. Gonna cost ya 12 Coronas a year. :D
  10. marc 55

Bull ****...I care a lot...Who the hell are you or anyone else to put my life or anyone else's life in danger...Just because you have a drivers license for a car does not qualify you or anyone to drive a bike or visa versa...I started riding in the dirt when I was 12 (Yamaha 125 Enduro) but that does not qualify me or anyone in anyway to ride on the street either...Street riding and dirt riding are two entirely different concepts/styles as you should know...
  11. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Here is another one for ya:
    Here in my Town we have parks. There are a few that are beaches. Last season they started a new fee for park use. In order to park in the park ya gotta pay $25 for 2 window stickers. So, you bring down your car reggies and pay out the $25 bucks and ya get 2 stickers one for each car. What about motorcycles you ask??? Well they have a special little sticker for bikes. However, ya gotta pay another $25 (seeing that you already paid for and recieved 2 stickers for your wifes car and your car.) for another sticker for your bike. Why another $25??? Well the second $25 gives you the right to get 2 more stickers. So your bike gets one and ...... Oh, you don't have another bike or vehicle to put the 2nd one on?!?!? So lets get this straight, you have 3 vehicles, 2 are four wheelers and one bike. OK, $25 for 2 stickers for your car and another $25 for your motorcyle sticker. Wait, I want my 4th sticker since I am paying for it. Sorry, unless you have another reggie you can't get a sticker. So why don't you charge me $12.50 for the ! freaking sticker? Sorry we don't do that. In fact, why don't you charge me only $6.25 since my motorcycle only has half the wheels of a four wheeler? Sorry, you must pay another $25. Let me see ya supervisor. Sorry. Sorry. I'll call the police if you continue to get loud. F N bureacrats.
  12. cardboard

I was riding on the street when I was 14 yrs old. It was with a motorcycle license. Didn't take nothing to get one.
    Just a written test.
  13. cardboard

Wait till yer Buddy Obama gits threw . YOu can call him and tell him how you think hes doing on you getin into parks and all.:gah:
  14. Maddog110

Maddog110 Active Member

Oregon ,I've had a or. Lic.sense 1965 now when I renew in feb.i must do the following .
    Ssi#,proof that I am a U.S. citizen, proof of legal name, proof of my identity and date of birth, proof of current residence address, eye exam,50 and over, veteran designation dd
    214.they already have ALL this info,oh yea and 68 bucks.
  15. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Ya gotta have a license to ride or drive
    but no license to make babies.

I think ya need to pass an eye que test
    to see if yer smart enough to have kids...
  16. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I think ya need to pass an eye que test
    to see if yer smart enough to have kids...
    there would be a lot less kids on food stamps :eek::roflmao:
  17. cardboard

Need to see if you make enough money to have kids.
    I'm tired of paying for yer kids.:rant:
    Because they don't want to work
  18. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

How 'bout doin a credit check before you can have kids?
  19. marc 55

I agree with you 100%...I am not responsible for your damn kids...If you can't afford them then don't have them...Pretty simple concept...
  20. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I like your idea but stupid, uneducated and lazy people seem to pump em out breeding more of the same.