1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Drone Spyin on US

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Jan 5, 2010.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

2. TM103

TM103 Active Member

Damn, cardboard. That looks like something that Kalifornia would use on people. I guess the eminent is coming!:fight:
  3. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Look at the bright side - at least they ain't droppin steel eggs on us like they do in Afgahastan - yet!:rolleyes:
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

No problem

they are going to be great target practice

just think of the drones as huge flying skeet's LOL
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

that is what i was thinking.......goobers gonna have a field day!!!!
  6. CD

CD Guest

So, it seems old George was only off a few decades eh?

In 1994 I was working at a computer company that provided servers for a new "test" project for the city of Tucson. The lead engineer and I were friends and had worked as support engineers at Artisoft. I was curious as to why they needed so many servers so I visited Chris at the City hall. The "test" project was actually the first effort to capture data from all of the intersection cameras installed a few years before. The software engineers were working on file compression and Chris was the engineer in charge of networking all of the cameras so that one or two servers would gather time stamped imagery from intersection "A to N" intersection and so on. The time stamping would allow them to piece together a vehicles course as long as it remained on streets with monitored intersections. Back then, a lot of servers were needed as storage media and processor speeds were nowhere near today's capacities. Can you imagine the amount of "data" that can be collected now?

Soon, Orwellian will be a normal state of mind.