1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Dropped my Bike

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Jun 10, 2009.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Everywhere up here in the country they are pouring tar on the road and coming back with small gravel. A lot of folks has chipped windshields and paint off their rides. Some small road's they have limestone dirt on the road.
    1988 in Goodrich had the dirt on it that's been there for a month or longer.
    We got gravel all over the roads in my neighbor hood. Its in the carpet in the house.

The OL and me left on the bike headed to the Hilltop Ice House a week ago.
    We came home a little after 10:00pm and as I was pullin in the driveway, as soon as the front tire hit my driveway and got in the gravel the bike went down.
    I had my foot out as fast as possible but there was nothin I could do. The bike was on the ground and the OL was throwed on the aspahult and gravel in the driveway. She's glad she had her full face helment on, She hit the ground hard.

Well I called on my Buddy ChuckTx and took the bike to him and got him to paint the fairing, the hard lowers on the right side, the right saddle bag lid and the tourpac lid.
    Went and picked the bike up today. It looked great. I'm glad to git my sled back. :D

Since I dropped it I've been out in the driveway with a push broom and a shovel trying to git some gravel up. I only did a little good on it oh. ! :cussing:
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

that gravel and tar is a bitch!!!!!!!!!!
  3. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

county is always grading our rodes and they believe the deeper the gravel the better the rode i think can't steer worth a chit, or instead of fixing the road they pour tar snakes all over them:banghead: whatcha gonna do:(
  4. chucktx

be as careful and ya can, then when ya hit good road, make up for it!!!:)
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Are you sure it was'nt that last Bud :roflmao: I had to say that , good to here neather of you were hurt to bad & those darn county workers do it on purpose with the gravel , & it's a real thing you have a good friend like chuck :cool:
  6. cardboard

I've gone to the Hilltop for years, never had a problem with the Redneck Budweisers,i've had other folks to drop their bike in my driveway cause of the sand from under the road and the gravel, if you try to talk to the road crew they ain't got time to listen to you. They got a job to do and yer in the way.
  7. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

cardboard - Ter yakkin at the wrong people. Road crews are not smart enough to fiqure out what's going on all they do is what their told to do.
    Call the highway dept. and ask for the traffic engineer; let him know that you had a accident due to the crews failure to properly do their job. Mention lawsuits and injury claims for the wife and damages to the bike.
    The only way to get these public servants attention is to threathen them with loss of budget paying off claims.
    This is not a local matter; it is a federal law - I know cause I used to work for DOT and it happened to our unit. It cost a engineer his job over it.
    Glad you guys are alright and the bike wasn't damaged to much.
  8. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Glad you're OK and Chuck was able to fix you up.
  9. cardboard

My Sled is my main transportation. I'm glad to git it back from Chuck.
    Going to be riding with Chucktx and his wife and no telling who else to a Blueberry festival and a bike show all in one Saturday about 100 miles north.
    I'm sure we will work our way threw the woods there also so it will make the ride much cooler and longer too.
    Hope they got a beer when we git there. Its suppost to be like 97* tomorrow and 96* saturday. :cheers: :biker:
  10. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

Glad you are back up and running! ChuckTx is the MAN with paint!!! I am STILL receiving comments on the paint job for the tank and tour pak! I am actually thinking about taking a pic of the tour pak and seeing what I can get in a tatto similar to it!
  11. chucktx

a tat!!!! that would be cool! if ya get it post me a pic!!!!!!!!
  12. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Ah yer gonna give chuck a swelled head and we won't be able to live with him for months.:roflmao: