1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Dyna slip-ons comparison

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by itsaharry, Aug 12, 2004.

1. itsaharry

itsaharry New Member

Hi. I have an 02 Dyna w/ the stock mufflers. Looking to get a better sound but not too loud so as to bother the neighbors or require earplugs when I ride. I am thinking about the Screamin Eagle ll slash downs or the Screamin Eagle Torque Mufflers (tapered). Has anyone heard these and can you tell me how they compare to stock as far as the sound is concerned? Also, I see that Dyno Power has a very reasonbly priced tapered slip-on. Would like to know if anyone has their 2 cents to offer on them. (I plan on a re-jet and air cleaner upgrade,also). Again, I don't want to anounce my presence to the world every time I ride, just want the bike to sound like a Harley. Thanks for all your info! ...........Harry
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Best thing to do is hang around a dealer lot on a sat/sun or a bike night and listen to pipes, when you hear what you like ask the owner about them everyone loves their pipes and will be happy to tell you about them.

HD SE stuff is deeper in tone and a bit louder than stock either would work, tapered is my preference because it shoots the sound out the back of the pipe away from you.

A good air filter setup like the HD SE or NEss big sucker and a tune of the carb is a great start.
  3. CD

CD Guest

What HRK said but take a pencil and paper. Too easy to forget!
  4. ffflhtcui

ffflhtcui New Member

2 cents worth!

I have an '02 Dyna and run the SE slip-ons. I really like them. They are not as loud as most aftermarket exhaust but do have a deep rumble, louder than stock. They do get loud on hard acceleration but not obnoxiously so and are pretty benign rolling into the garage from half a block away.
  5. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

I got the dynas on my02

I have a set of slips dyno powers, they were on an 01wide glide I had that was totaled and I put them on my02wide glide. The chrome has lasted very well and I get alot of inquiries from the fellas with pipes as well as the SE owners. Save yourself some money..(WillyG has plenty).. and get yourself the dynos. they work great with the Arlen Ness big sucker or Screaming eagle air cleaner kit. The tone is "HD-classically deep"(classy not glassy :D or crackly like drags tend to end up sounding while riding in my opion)) and controllable when ya wanna get some sound they are there. Mine are straight cut.
    The last dyno slash cuts I had were( on a sporty), cool when on a multiple lane highway.. if someone was riding in my blind spot the sound of the pipes gets a little EZR to hear as it bounces off the vehicle. they worked and have lasted a long time too!!!

Good Luck and Have Fun!!!!
  6. danocanada

danocanada New Member

I've got V&H slip-ons, stock they were loud, ended up putting in the quiet baffles, now the neighbors just cringe instead of frown ;-)