1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Dynas

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by baggerpaul, Feb 1, 2013.

1. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

well boys time to build another hot rod ! love my bagger but gotta have something in my stable i can throw around and spend a little time at the drag strip as well . got a choice of two and i cant make my mind up one is a 95 evo super clean less than 7.000 miles on her stock 80 inch with a **** load of updated stuff . pm brakes chrome front end and so on . dont really care most of that stuff comes off other than the pm brakes . the other is a 2001 twincam . stock as well both have 7.000 miles on them both motor stock other than stage one stuff what to do? evo or twinkie . got hot rod parts for both ? if you were in my shoes and building a street strip bike?:banghead:
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Twin cam, more parts, newer frame, lot more cam options, easier to increase displacement without boring out cases, more fix um up parts at dealers for
    broken stuff when you ride hard, evos are good but at 80, you are not going bigger
    without breaking open the bottom end.

Like JB you are maxed at 98, if you can get one with a 96 (newer even) you can swap pistons and cylinders to a 107 or 106, do the heads with kirby, drop in some 585 sns cams and a big intake and make close to 120/120 and it's dependable and fast.

Or when you get tired of the 106, split it, bore and go 124, 131, or just sell the twinkie engine and buy an HD factory 120 that will pull 130 easy out of the box, plus you get
    the delphi electronics and can tune it at Docs in clermont or play with the TTS yourself.
  3. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I will sell you back that 124" for 50% mark up. :roflmao::roflmao: I would go with the twinkie too. I guess I would never go smaller than a soft tail now. Just my two cents. :cool:
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

HRK has some good points (on his head) :roflmao:, what's over all price on both bike's , if you'll save a lot buying the evo that's more to put into the engine s&s still sells a lot of hot rod parts for evo & I'am sure Kirby can set up the heads , on the other hand reread HRK's post :cool:
  5. hotroadking

Lot of go fast stuff for evos too, but
    if you look at production numbers they
    make more TC's in a year than they ever
    made evos...
  6. cowboy

1+:d
  7. baggerpaul

Ya I hear ya boys ! For cowboy I can get either bike for under 7 grand . At jb dynas are the **** when it comes to strip racing . For hrk your making some good points brother . And oh jb you can keep the 124 at 50 percent mark up.lmfao thanks a lot .
  8. JohnnyBiker

:roflmao:
  9. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

I'd go with the TC. I think the Dyna frame was beefed up a little in 96..[had on] even with the Carlini torque arm on it it could get a little squirly when I hammered the 89 incher in it. I think the newer setup is more solid.
  10. bguillory66

bguillory66 Active Member

why not a dyna, same motor as the "big bikes" less weight, fun combination:D
    of course I might be a little bias:roflmao:
  11. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

One of the few times I'd pick a TC over an Evo.....but I would for all the reasons HRK pointed out and also the Evo Dyna's had a tendency to crack the inner primary by flexing too much especially when extra ponies are applied,it helped with the torque arm installed,but it wasn't a fix....TC set up is much stronger...
    Sounds like a fun project ....I hope you're going to tease us with some pics:D
  12. JohnnyBiker

LOL, my friend, I just talking shiit.. LOL. I like all bikes, but I have a tricked out Cross Bones on my mind. :cool::D
  13. baggerpaul

Well I found an 02 dyna with less than 3.000 miles on it super clean show room clean ! Pm wheels pm billet pulley as many extras you. Can stuff on a dyna . After market seat . Stage one and vance and hines strait shots with baffles . Motor is stock witch is nice . Don't care for the color scheme . But I can shoot it black . Its that purple pearl factory flame paint scheme . he wanted 11.grand for it offerd him 8 settled for 9 ill test ride it Monday . If it works out ill paint it next week .lmfao
  14. hotroadking

Sweet, now sell the stock engine, and get a
    12oR...
  15. baggerpaul

well here is the new horse in the stable .

Attached Files:

16. hotroadking

17. baggerpaul

thank you sir
  18. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Going to look really nice in black, good find:)
  19. cowboy

Thats a real clean looking Bike , you did good :cool:
  20. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Nice...I can see why you wanna shoot her black though lol...Those PM wheels and front brake aren't cheap...looks like you got a real good deal:cheers: