1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Dynatek FI controller

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by freerider8, May 6, 2008.

1. freerider8

freerider8 New Member

I just purchased and installed a dynatek FI controller on my 2002 yamaha warrior and the darn thing seems to make my bike run even worse than before and I can't figure out why. the bike has Vance&Hines pipes on but still the stock air box. this FI contoller has dials on it where you choose the base that decides the setup the bike has and then a low, mid, and high dial for the fuel mixture, there is no computer plug to dyno it on a computer so does anyone have any suggestions to make the bike run better. I have spoken with someone from dynatek and have used their suggestions but have had no success. I contacted a garage that specializes in this kind of stuff but they want 250.00 to set a specific map for my bike. I don't have that kind of dough sittin around so I need another alternative, I have even thought of just removing the controller and riding w/o it but the bike pops and I think uses to much fuel even then so I am frustrated to say the least.
    any help please!!!!!!!!!
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

sorry i cant help, but im sure someone will be along that will................:)
  3. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Sounds like the mapping is not set correctly. I'm going to move your question over to the tech forum where maybe someone familiar with the Dynatek can help. I would also suggest contacting the manufacturer as they may be able to walk you through the trouble you're having.
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

It might be that you have these good flowing pipes and not enough air can get into the motor through the stock air box.

That would make it a bit more difficult to hit the right afr

Not saying a filter would fix it but it will open up the motor and let it breath in, and the pipes breath out.

Then it would be a bit easier to fix the popping.

I would first check all the connectons on the pipes, at the heads and where the headers hook up to the mufflers to be sure you don't have any leaks.