1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

DynoJet map help...

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Dyna Dean, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Dyna Dean

Dyna Dean New Member

just east of SF, tucked into the East Bay hills...
    Can anyone suggest a Power Commander map for me? I've got an '04 Dyna Low w/FI with a Ness Big Sucker, currently set up with the map for stock exhaust and Stage 1 Screaming Eagle intake. Now I've got a set of V&H Big Shots Staggered in the mail, but I haven't found a "perfect match" map yet. I've seen one for Long Shots w/SE and one for Python/SE (not sure which Python...), but no Big Shots, staggered or otherwise. Would appreciate your input and will share results...
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

It's tough to find the perfect download because there are so many combinations, best bet is to get it dyno tuned by a good powercommander tuner.
  3. Dyna Dean

Dyna Dean New Member

just east of SF, tucked into the East Bay hills...
    Thanks, HRK... I thought about that as well, and there is a dealer nearby... I think I'll try a couple of downloads ands see where it goes, but you're right--if you want it to work well, I think ya gotta get it on a dyno.
  4. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

I am no genious, but here is what I have found.....get close.....get as close as you can find! I was lucky, found something that "by the book" was exact.....I am not totally convinced. As soon as I PCS (move) back to the USA, I will find a competant shop and go on a Dyno......just to verify I have the best map for me. IF I get extended here in Germany, I will suck up the cost and go to one of the local German shops that is DynoJet certified...(believe it or not, actually a harley shop!) Only concern I will have going to them, is the fact that I doubt that my bike will meet German Laws, so do not know what they have for rules.....hope they don't have any!! Just my opinion!! :cool: