1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Economy is bad

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Dec 18, 2010.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

But if we spend money and go somewhere for Christmas the goverment is gonna punish us.

Expect Gas to be 4.00 b the spring time.

I say, don't spend money , don't go anywhere you don't have to and tell yer congressmen and senators WHY !

There's no need for Gas to be 4.00 a gallon.
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

not suprised to hear that from someone with 3 vehicles on blocks in the front yard!!!!!!
  3. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

I'll show em.

And I ain't goning to work for 3 months either......:rolleyes:
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

:D:roflmao::D
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

You tell them cardboard hold your ground, just don't tell them you work on boats & the lake is close to frozen :D
  6. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Way to go Cardboard! We ain't going anywhere for Christmas or New Years. If anybody wants to see us, they have to come here. Hope you're wrong about the gas, though. My 1984 F-150 is a real gas hog, even with a rebuilt motor. Seems like I can watch the gas gauge needle move toward empty as I drive along. At least our bikes have better milage. I've always wondered what those big inch cruisers get milage wise.
  7. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

convert that gas to a diesel Eff Juan Fiddy....
  8. joshbob

Easier said than done. I hear propane motors run pretty efficiently, though, and not too expensive to convert. But where to gas up? Either way, the oil companies got us all by the (what's the Spanish word for "balls"?). Mac the Wife sez huevos is eggs . . .
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  9. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Geesh, were paying 20 cents a gallon more for diesel than premium, no savings there.
    My diesel truck sits unless I really need to use it.
  10. cowboy

FLHT what kinda milage are you getting ? My 01 Dodge 2500 diesel 5 spd getsa avg 20 mpg, best to date is 24 mpg & worst todate is 18 pulling a heavy trailer
  11. FLHTbiker

Get about 13-15 in town. We got way to many hills to climb around here. One the highway it gets about 20.
  12. cowboy

Ya I 'ed leave it set as well :eek: the wife dodge magnum V6 gets about 21 with her driving it a little less with me driving it
    My truck I put a edge easy & took the silencer ring out of the turbo & stright pipes let it breath & set the edge on #2 (it has three setting) & different air clearner set up
  13. FLHTbiker

Mine is stock, 2007 Dodge diesel, auto, 3/4 ton 4X4, lots of power but not the fuel economy that I was expecting from it.
  14. cowboy

is your 07 the 5.9 or the 6.7 ? My son-in-law has the 06 8ft bed & 4 door 4X4 & get about 19-20 with the A Trans
  15. FLHTbiker

Its the 6.7 turbo model 4 door with 6 foot bed. I like the truck and use it for the business.
  16. joshbob

My F-150 gets around 13 mpg average. Really sucks. It's only a 5.0 liter. Must be something wrong with the carb. I'm hoping my shovel bobber will get around 35-40. I'll be strapping on a solo leather bag on the left side of ol' Bob whenever I go to get groceries or take a trip, say, to Ohio next summer. I'll sleep in motels instead of camping out so I won't need to carry so much stuff. You bagger fellas have got the right idea when it comes to haulin' stuff, but I never got used to the idea of hard bags on my bike. Too much baggage!
  17. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I like hard bags over leather in most cases. I like the fact that you can lock them up and make it a little more difficult for people to get in there and take stuff. Although.... I do remember CB complaining that the locks on tour packs are not that good. That would suck if you needed to get in there and the lock broke. We would have to call CB to come fix it....:(
  18. FLHTbiker

I put the new chrome hinges on my tour pak and it closes better. My lock has never failed in all the years of owning a bagger.
  19. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I just get so mad at HD sometimes. For the price that one pays for their bike, they sometimes just use crap parts! I understand that things break, but to have issues like that from right when the bike is new, is asinine. Were those hinges expensive??
  20. FLHTbiker

JB, the stock hinges were working but they look like crap, cheap sheet metal. I wanted the ones that look better. HD is smart, they know how to sell you new stuff.