1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Edit Signature

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Mayor, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Mayor

Mayor New Member

Maybe this is not the right place to post this, but, can`t find another....Wanting to place my wife`s Trike on signature line...seem the file is too large...any help appreicated....:rant:
  2. DeuceBones

DeuceBones New Member

Mayor,
    Finally, a question someone has that I can help with. If your computer has a program that you can open that picture in, do so. Then look and read all the tools that the program has to offer. Somewhere you may find a way to resample or decrease its size. By "its size", I mean how many dpi (dots per inch) it is. You need to post only a picture that is 72 dpi on the web. Although, you can have a picture that is 36" wide that is 72 dpi and that still is too large. Go back to those tools and find one that allows you to scale it down to around 2"x2" or something like that. Save it as a jpg file (which it may already be a jpg) or export it as a jpg file and remember where you save or export to so you can upload it.
    Good luck. Holler if this is just too confusing and we'll try a different explanation.
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

looks like ya did a good job!!!!!!!
  4. Mayor

Mayor New Member

Thanks for the help.....got me over the hump so I was able to load it....Now I have got to get another picture that does it justice.....

I also enjoyed the Tennessee Backroads Bikers Webb Page....Maybe someday this Spring or Summer we can get together on a ride in the Smokies.....or maybe in Kentucky! Seems we have a lot in common......Golfed till my lungs caused me to quit.....Owned a shop for 25 years...Vinyl Graphics, Signs, Pinstripping, accessories for car dealers and about everything in between that had to do with autos...Thanks again...James:)
  5. DeuceBones

DeuceBones New Member

I'm glad that did you some good.
    Yeah, it would be cool to meet someone on the road that I had met on a motorcycle forum. I can understand why you might give up your auto accessory biz because of dealing with the public, but man, If I had to give up golf I'd go nuts. Golf does for me the same thing riding does only in a different way. I can't ride or play golf and think about the stresses of life.
    They are both therapudic.
  6. DeuceBones

DeuceBones New Member

Oh yeah, and thanks for checking out my friends web site. He has put a lot of effort into it and doesn't get very many hits. He's talked about giving it up.
    That would be a shame.
  7. DeuceBones

DeuceBones New Member

After telling you my proceedure, I went to Larry's Tennessee Backroad Bikers Site and found this tutorial on the subject. You could probably benefit more from it than what I told you. Prepare Your Photos for the Web
    Good luck again.