1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

EFI and slip-ons

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by charlie, May 19, 2004.

1. charlie

charlie New Member

I have an 04 fatboy EFI. I would like to put Screaming Egale-II slip-on exhust pipes on. Some people say a stage-I kit is required, others say just put them on and enjoy. Can you advise.
  2. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

With the EFI, you'll need to get a download from the dealer if you change your pipes. I'd recommend the Screaming Eagle Air Cleaner if you're going to do that, because if you decide to do the air cleaner later, you might need another download, and those get costly. They hook the EFI up to the computer and download the settings into your bike. It isn't anything more than software, but your dealer has to run this bar code through the computer to make it work and they purchase the licenses for each download separately. I don't think anything other than a download would be required. Check with your service advisor.
  3. ffflhtcui

ffflhtcui New Member

I just posted a thread about this very subject. I installed the SE slip-ons and the bike runs fine, although plugs show a little rich. I live at sea level and will travel to higher altitudes so I was thinking of adding a breather or at least a K & N filter to get a little more intake air. Answer to your question, you could probably just install the slip-ons and the bike will be fine. The dealer re-map will costs you $150 plus tax and I've heard mixed reviews about it's accuracy anyway.

Good luck! :) :)