1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Egypt wants to break Treaty with Israel

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Apr 25, 2011.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

2. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

The "news" is supposed to be "new". Nothing new about that. They've been at each other's throats since the time of Abraham.
  3. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Actually, the real relevance is that the Obama administration backed the ouster of Mubarek (who had held to peace with Isreal for over 30 years) - and welcomed the Muslim Brotherhood into power there. If the Egyptians attack Isreal now it will be a bit messier than in the '70's - Egypt has an improved military (in equipment) and Isreal has about 100 nuclear weapons. So Obama either blundered, or wants Islamic jihadists to take over throughout the Mideast. Which choice works for you?
  4. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Lets see, we're in Afganistan and we are in Iraq, now lets see what country ruled by a complete homicide-al maniac that may soon have the bomb lies between the two? How many still think we are in Iraq because of Iraq having WMD's? World politics is a chess game. Bush was playing his. O'Boomer doesn't know how.
    I said it in another post; One has to wonder about the 2012 thing.
  5. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

:banghead:Iraq was always about more than WMDs, and never about us confiscating their oil, but since I was there I think I can address that singular point- they (mainly Saddam's regime) friggin' were desperately seeking more WMDs (they understood the limits of their chemical weapons -which they'd used on their own population, and they had lost control of their biologicals to the Ansar Al-Islam terrorists in their own country) and we knew it. Their plan was to get nukes and use them in-theater to get more oil (Kuwait's and Saudi Arabia's) and to establish the caliphinate under Saddam (first by attacking Isreal - only to promote their Pan-Arabian B. Frickin' S.), so he could be the new "Saladin" (we screwed him and that ain't gonna happen). Further on Iraq, we (and that is me included) got friggin' tired of being shot at on an almost daily basis (regardless of their ability to hit us, it still sucks being shot at and not being able to shoot back at the shooter), and the UN sanctions were routinely being violated. President Bush let us end that crap fest. If anyone thinks the U.S. soldiers lives lost there were in vain, well, we can't prove what likely might have happened, but I am more than proud of the role that our military played there in preventing real disaster.

See more later in The Soap Box.......
  6. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Two of my sons spent 12 months there at the same time about 4 years ago. One an MP Sgt stationed at camp Bucca. Most of the prisoners were Iranians. The other with the 10th Mtn guarding on patrol in the Grn Zone. Again, Iranians were the most responsible for the IED's from waht he could determine. We aren't taking the oil, unless of course Trump gets elected. What you guys did and are doing is extremely commendable! However, part of the long range plan I have to believe is to "control" the maniac in Iran. Bush though of himself as a Teddy Roosevelt. He boasted about reading "Theodore Rex" which is the history of Teddy Roosevelt's presidency. He again claimed to admire TR several times over the years. I always believed his intentions were honorable and in our best interest. Yes, Iraq had them and used them, good enough for me to blast them back into the stone age. ANY mass murderer Such as Hussein, Hitler, Serb, Bosnian whatever, has to be stopped. We waited on them too long and millions died.
    Enough said, my blood pressure is rising again!
    Thanks for your service!

Ps. My sons joined up due to 9/11. They spent a few hours thinking that I went down with the World Trade Center (mobile phones were out).